clutch master cylinder rod bent

delboy87

Reaction score
hi peeps, i had a mechanic look at my car the other day because my clutch pedal went to the floor and didnt come back up, as it happens it was only the pedal that needed doing, while i was putting the new pedal in, i noticed the rod in the master cylinder thant connects to the pedal has a bend in it, was wondering if this is sapposed to be bent or is it the mechanic that has bent it when trying to get the old pedal out?
cheers
Daz

It's not meant to be bent ie straight but I know for a fact on my brothers a3 it's slightly bent and we only found that out after his clutch pedal snapped, now whether it was like this before or as a result of the pedal snapping I have no idea but we left it as is and it's never been a problem since. Try it, worst case you have to remove it, straighten or replace. I have a feeling they bend with the sudden shock when the pedal snaps.

yeah i didnt think it should be bent, thanks for your reply, il keep an eye on it, seems strong even though its bent,
thanks again pal

they tend to bend when the pedal breaks. they quite easy to bend put a ring spanner on it a tweak it straightish.

ok mate will give it a go tommorow when i finish putting it on, cheers

They are supposed to be straight.when my pedal snapped,mine was straight. If its operating correctly then leave it be