New Sump

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
I'm after a new sump. The threads on the drain plug on mine are gone. I managed to get a new sump plug to bite but really I'm not sure how much longer the threads will last. I have a new pickup to fit also so I'll do that and fit a new sump at the same time.

Has anyone used a non genuine one like this:
VW GOLF MK4 A3 TT BORA 1.8 T OIL SUMP PAN WITH WHOLE FOR OIL SENSOR LEVEL | eBay

Or know a good place to get a genuine one? They're about 4 times the price from ECS :/

Is there any point getting a baffled one? I want to do track work down the line...

Sam call awesome-gti talk to Mike, tell them seb told you to give him a ring he will supply a genuine one and ship to ya i think maybe 30-15 pounds that is... cant fault them the price are usually 40% cheaper then australia even after shipping

Looks similar to one I've used before, fitted fine and no leaks which is the main concern, baffles not really needed.

All I'd suggest before actual fitting is to test fit in place to ensure its not bent or mating face is off, but really it's kinda of an item that fits or doesn't fit. It's not really a critical part providing it doesn't leak when fitted.

I no of a man who can tap new thread in your sump and make a new sump plug to fit ;-)
In the Essex area of basing

Haha yeah shame I'm not back there sometimes...

Well I need to do the old pickup swap anyway so it has to come off. I don't want to helicoil it in there incase any swarf gets in. It's fine for now but I figured the next service, I'd do the pickup and sump swap. Might just get one of those cheapy ones. I'll give Awesome a call though, cheers Seb.

Haha yeah shame I'm not back there sometimes...

Well I need to do the old pickup swap anyway so it has to come off. I don't want to helicoil it in there incase any swarf gets in. It's fine for now but I figured the next service, I'd do the pickup and sump swap. Might just get one of those cheapy ones. I'll give Awesome a call though, cheers Seb.

no worries mate, its cause i tried aftermarket sumps and they leaked unfortunately so i thought best stick with genuine at the end of the day it is an Audi....

if you want i can shoot a mail to mike see how much it costs...

That would be handy if you're talking to him about other stuff...

Won't need it for a while. 4-5 months odd.

ah yeah its okay mate.. cause i got a few items on order including my new gearbox :p never ending saga.. ill let you know asap when he gets back to me, and if you want ill also be picking up the S3 on friday from the paint shop i can do a price comparison for you from audi five dock