Removal of the Boot Lock Strip - HOW??

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive got some corrosion on the boot locking strip on my facelift S3, I want to have a go at rubbing it down and spraying it so it looks half decent rather than having the paint flaking off, however Im not too sure how it comes off, any ideas how you can remove this, is it pretty straightforward and finally any tips on prep and spray?

Thanks in advance
Nilz

There are two nuts that hold it in place. You need to remove the trim on the back of the boot, disconnect the light/switch connections and you can access the nuts from the inside to remove them and take it off.

Does the trim come off pretty easily, as in is it screwed in or just clipped on?

Im sure animal tried removing his and gave up as it was on tighter than a nuns chuff.

Great!!!

Ill give it a blast over the next few days and see how I get on, if its easy enough, I will do it, otherwise, may just spray it whilst its on the car.

If you do end up painting it on the car, make sure you sheet up the whole of the back end. Nothing worse than being able to see something that is freshly painted and then has a news paper sized bit of good paint then everything else is just overspray.