A3 1.8T Revo stage 1 vagcom log.

Steven.c

Auto-Motive Restored Deatail
Reaction score
Hi guys, i done a vagcom log of my car in 3rd gear from around 2000rpm to 5800ish then letoff.

My cars a 1.8t a3 2001 with a Forge Split R, Jetex Filter, Revo Stage 1, N249 bypass, Silicone TIP.

Ive converted the logs but max bhp its saying is 158bhp @ 159lbft of torque @ 5240rpm. my max torque was around 2900rpm with 205lbft @ 115bhp.

the bhp figure just seems really low for a stage 1? considering they are 150 standard.

i also tested the boost converted to PSI which says im runnign around 17psi max of boost.

the boost & torque figures seem good but the bhp seems to be low? im sure my MAF sensor is on its way out could that be the cause of the low bhp? but would the rest not be lower?

anyway here is the graph.

logs.jpg

cheers
steve

i've just posted the same thing about my car. your looks much neater. did you log blocks 115 to get the boost? and if so how did you convert them to PSI?

i logged block 120 & block 115. then used the tutorials to convert. i can post a screenshot of the original if u like?

120 is a pretty pointless block to log...

002 for airflow, 020 for timing pull, 031 for fuel, 115 for boost... and get rid of the split-r... they are not a good valve on the AUM...

<tuffty/>

the split-r has seemed to be alright up to now at the setting it is at. does the log look like its holding the boost ok with it? i may consider changing it. with the logs that u told me to do could u give me a estimated figure that my car is at? it seems to pull really well & alot faster before it was mapped. im 100% sure it needs a new MAF tho.

steve

HEY GUYS I HAVE A3 1.8 TURBO 2002 ,MINTED REVO STAGE 1 FULL COLD AIR INTAKE SPORTS CAT DOWN PIPE
NOT EVEN REPLACED THE EXHAUST YET OR PUT THE INTERCOOLER ON ,PUSHING 215 BHP ,275 TORQUE THING IS CRAZY IF U PUT THE FOOT DOWN, REALY AGGRESIVE , WILL PUT ON YOUTUBE SOON

BUT GOT IT OFF AN AUDI DEALER WHO OWNED THE CAR AND PUT THE REVO ON ,TOLD ME THE MAPP IS MAXED ,AS STANDERD MAP WOULD BE RESTRICTED LOWER BUT HEY NOT THAT LOW ?? THATS NOT RIGHT I WOULDNT PAY FOR THAT
NO INCREASE OF BHP ?,YOUR BETTER GETTING IT DYNO TUNNED FOR MORE POWER AND CHEAPER
YOU SHOULG GET AT LEAST 45 TO 50 BHP ON A STAGE 1 REVO MODDING NOTHING ELSE
IM PUTING MY INTERCOOLER ON ,FULL CUSTOM EXHAUST NOT LOUD BUT SWEET THEN OF FOR ANOTHER DYNO DAY SOON I WILL VID IT FOR YOU ALL TOO SEE ,HOPE THAT HELPED AS IM GUTTED FOR YOU GUYS PAYING FOR A STGE 1 REVO AND GETTING PRACTICLY NOTHING I WOULD BE BACK AT THE GARAGE WITH THE SAME QUESTIONS
GOT TO REVO SITE IT TELLS YOU THE INCREASE IN POWER ON A STANDERD REVO STAGE 1 EXACTLY AND WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT CHEERS GUYS AND GOOD LUCK
LOOKING TO PUSH IT UP TO 260 BHP AT LEAST ,

the split-r has seemed to be alright up to now at the setting it is at. does the log look like its holding the boost ok with it? i may consider changing it. with the logs that u told me to do could u give me a estimated figure that my car is at? it seems to pull really well & alot faster before it was mapped. im 100% sure it needs a new MAF tho.

steve

split-r valves leak you boost

if you suspect maf is reading low, log it and confirm.. 002 or 003

HEY GUYS I HAVE A3 1.8 TURBO 2002 ,MINTED REVO STAGE 1 FULL COLD AIR INTAKE SPORTS CAT DOWN PIPE
NOT EVEN REPLACED THE EXHAUST YET OR PUT THE INTERCOOLER ON ,PUSHING 215 BHP ,275 TORQUE THING IS CRAZY IF U PUT THE FOOT DOWN, REALY AGGRESIVE , WILL PUT ON YOUTUBE SOON

BUT GOT IT OFF AN AUDI DEALER WHO OWNED THE CAR AND PUT THE REVO ON ,TOLD ME THE MAPP IS MAXED ,AS STANDERD MAP WOULD BE RESTRICTED LOWER BUT HEY NOT THAT LOW ?? THATS NOT RIGHT I WOULDNT PAY FOR THAT
NO INCREASE OF BHP ?,YOUR BETTER GETTING IT DYNO TUNNED FOR MORE POWER AND CHEAPER
IM PUTING MY INTERCOOLER ON ,FULL CUSTOM EXHAUST NOT LOUD BUT SWEET THEN OF FOR ANOTHER DYNO DAY SOON I WILL VID IT FOR YOU ALL TOO SEE ,HOPE THAT HELPED AS IM GUTTED FOR YOU GUYS PAYING FOR A STGE 1 REVO AND GETTING PRACTICLY NOTHING I WOULD BE BACK AT THE GARAGE WITH THE SAME QUESTIONS
GOT TO REVO SITE IT TELLS YOU THE INCREASE IN POWER ON A STANDERD REVO STAGE 1 EXACTLY AND WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT CHEERS GUYS AND GOOD LUCK

any reason you are SHOUTING at us ? :p

Wow 215bhp and 275lbft, that must be mental!

The OP has the same Revo map as you, chances are it is the same software. Which means if his car is logging low it is because of a fault. Mapping improves software, and if your hardware isn't up to it then there is no point in upgrading the software.

I can't wait for the videos...

-

OP, looking at what you have put here you need to log the airflow and post the results. Chances are that the Split R is leaking boost slightly and the turbo is compensating for that minimal loss, and your maf is probably under reading judging by the home made graph which is just an airflow calculation.

Get the Split R on ebay and buy the latest revision of OE valve from TPS. :)