spark plug gap

speedy lynn

Reaction score
Hi going to do the plugs this week, got my new ngk platinum plugs as advised by S3 Dave, just wondered are they set at the correct gap or do I need to check the gap ??? also I have had the car serviced two years ago and two years before that, but on checking my fuel filter at the rear I noticed it badly rusty and impossible to remove the thing must be at least six years old the garage that fitted my new clutch said they would put it on for me, but never did they said its a akward job but it was them who seviced it the last two times, I only do 8000 miles a year, thats why i'm changing my plugs they may have left the old ones in, and the fact that under load ie when I boot it up hill in a high gear it misses, not on the flat just up hill in a high gear ease of a shade it clears and its ok any ideas would be welcome, I asked Audi Maidstone about the recall on all petrol engines for the coil packs they said they know nothing about the recall, thanks boys

0.8mm std or 0.7mm if mapped... normally plugs come pregapped but check them anyway and be careful of the tip as its easy to break off...

<tuffty/>