Xenon light adjusters

Crazypete00

Reaction score
Hey, I have the common issue that the white clip in my light has broken, not too fussed because I can sort that. However on the opposite side light the clip is fine but the motor that's meant to clip into it doesn't reach the clip. I tried pulling the white adjuster out but it doesn't extend, any ideas?

I also need a new motor any idea how much they are?

HI mate ,
You can actuate the levelling motor with a 9volt battery . If you disconnect the plug and remove the cover 2 or 3 tabs on the back from memory , you'll see three metal contacts . Taking a 9v battery with a live and earth lead to each of the outer prongs , easier with crocodile clips attached . Hold them on for a few seconds and you should see the ball end of the motor move in or out . To change direction of movement simply reverse polarity . should get the motor to the required position . Ideally you need vag com to to set up the correct position once fully installed . Hopes this helps .

Ant

Thanks both for the reply,
@ voorhees - already thinking of putting my name down for those, I have a clip that is very similar that I need to try first.

@ ant - will try the 9v battery on it, I also have vag com so once I repair the other side I will set it up with vcds.

Hi

The adjusters can be a pain to get back on to the clip some times.

Try removing the back off the head lamp and gently pulling the reflector/clip towards the adjsuter arm as you rotate and twist the adjuster to get it to slide in to the clip from one end.

Liam