Milltek non resonated is too quiet! Upgraded Downpipe or Manifold needed?

Wingnut Express

Audi sponsored by Mastercard
Reaction score
Hi all

I bought a Milltek non resonated cat back exhaust at the end of last year and have been left disappointed at how quiet it is. I have double checked the system too make sure it was not the resonated version and it was not (No middle box and correct code). I am not after a screamer, but something that sounds a bit throatier under acceleration and still okay at motorway speeds.

Basically would you recommend changing the downpipe to a 3" like the XS one, or the manifold? Like most folk I don't have the funds to do both as I having to change the clutch and tax the car at the end of the May and it would probably save time and fitting cost to do this at the same time

Thanks

Ian

S3 - 2001 AMK - Jabbasport stage 2 - JR cone filter - Non resonated Cat Back Milltek

They are quiet... all they do is alter the note really but they do also flow better... I ran a std back box breifly when I first did my big turbo conversion and EGTs were bonkers high due to how badly it flowed (at over 350hp of course)...

They are quiet when dirvinig on light load but do get louder/nicer note when pushed but generally you only really hear this from the outside...

A decat will make it a little louder and its worth doing the 3" DP anyway as this is a bigger restriction on a fairly std S3 than the exahust is...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Wingnut Express
Thanks Tuffty

Would this still be okay with the sports cat version downpipe?

Cheers