boost gauge help

derek84

Reaction score
Hi I went to wire my boost gauge in today was gonna do it off the headlight switch but the loom isn't long enough for me to pull out and work on. Any ideas as to where else I could wire from (pics please am rubbish with this sort of thing) or how can I get a more slack on headlights loom cheers Derek

anything which comes on with the headlights. i've ran mine off the light near the cig lighter (lights up the area under the centre console)

I ran mine into the air vent light. Mine has illuminated vent scrolls.

I don't have illuminated vent scrolls and I dont have a light under my center console well not one I can find anyway

do u have a headlight ajustment switch, i used that on m4 a4 as it illuminates when light on.

Yeah but as its too short for me to be able to work on :(

why not just make the wires longer. so your able to connect to something easy to get to ?

I put mine in the vent to the right of my steering will and wired it up to the headlights switch. Where you aiming at fitting your gauge?

Hi just take the lower dash panel off under the steering wheel to get to the headlight switch loom better :)

Reactions: actualeddie
It's in the vent next to the headlights switch I pulled the headlights switch out and the block that connects to the back only just reaches the hole so for me to work on it I need to be able to get my hand in the headlight switch recess I am gonna extend boost gauge wires anyway cod they are only about 10cm long anyway

The lower panel comes off easy and will give you loads of room to work

How'd you get the vacuum tubing in without taking the panel off?

I ain't done that yet I just want to make sure I have everything clear in my head Before I start tryin to wire in properly Cos sods law if I had plumbed it in then found out I couldn't wire it where I would of liked