k03s turbine shaft bent

norfolkaudi

Reaction score
hi all

i have just got my k03s turbo (ebay) and on taking it apart i find the shaft has a slight bend in it
so what do i need to do???

replace the shaft with k04 shaft, i now that the k04 shaft is bigger but does that meen that the
bearing is thiner, i understand that the k04 and k03 use the housings.

would it be just the case to get k04 shaft and k04 bearing and will it be a straght swop in
the k03s housing.

the engine is agu.

tim

K03 and k04 have the same shaft just different sized wheels. K04 won't fit directly in k03s housings. It will all need to be balanced.

hi ok i can unerstand that so can there be a small amount of bend in the shaft cold side???

and there must be some kinda upgrade to the 4mm shaft cold side???

and how would i get it balenced

I wouldnt have thought any knd of bend would be good for the turbo longevity, given toe RPM a turbo spins at, any bend will cause inbalance issues. Was the turbo sold as fit for use? If so I'd send it back and get a refund if it was me

Don't mix up float/clearance with bent... a bent shaft is a bent shaft and has no place in a turbo...

Get the turbo refurbed by a company that knows what they are doing mate...

<tuffty/>

thanks for the info, but i got the turbo at silly price and on looking around i could get the shaft and balenced and seal kit
for less than most peeps are paying for secondhand k03s.

so if there is any one out there that knows the part numbers for shaft and where to get a good price on balencing to
please send me a pm and we can do something.

norfolkaudi

what did you get done to your K03S in the end?