s3 subframe swap

kaos

Reaction score
hi guys and girls how hard is it to swap an s3 2000 subframe?
if i swap will be doing on stands on the driveway and yes i can use a spanner but just want to know if its going to cause me any probs?
im guessing just wishbones,rack and bottom mount to dissconnect? maybe arb etc?
any tips greatly appreciated :)

If you have abit of knowlege you will be ok,not that hard really,just be carefull under axle stand's,sub frame is'nt very light so two man job to hold and take off,id say while your at it change your anti roll bar for an uprated one,otherwise when you do want to uprate it you'll have to drop the frame again,and you cn leave the wishbones in just drop of the ball joint,dnt forget to take of the esp bar on nsf wishbone if you do it that way though,good luck.

As said easy enough, I did mine on my own on the drive, just used a jack to lower it and lift back up. Change the rack bush to a nylon one at the same time. Also order new subframe bolts as they are stretch items, you need 4.

just a quick one are all 8l s3 subframes the same before i buy one? mines an early 1999/2000 and found a 2002 subframe i could get cheapish?

Think so yes, I used a MK4 Golf one, the only diff was a lack of holes for lower brace, but you can add those if you wish.