greetings...

MHage

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just found your site as i am looking to buy an A3 (hope this is the right section) i'm after the original type 99-03 is it? 1.8T Quattro, or possibly just the 1.8T sport.

Basically my criteria is this:

Has to be black, has to be factory std, has to have full history, hpi clear and below 70,000 miles (around60k ideal).

Also i have around 7k to spend (flexible if the perfect car comes along)

Currently drive an impreza but want something more subtle, good quality, refined but still has a fair bit of go and must handle well, i had a go in my mates dads and i was really impressed!

Any buying tips?

Also beside getting the engine re-mapped are there many tried&tested bolt-on chips that give a little more umph without risking holed pistons and bent con-rods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ?

Thanks guys
-Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AMD can remap the 1.8t to 185BHP

web page AMD

There are lots of options, have a search on the forum.

I do not think you will get a facelift A3 for 7k, with under 60K miles.

Buying tips, the usual stuff, try and get from a dealer, so some warranty available.
A full Audi Service History is worth looking for, as is a HPI check.

Good Luck, your car is out there, but don't rush into buying anything.

Hello Paul and welcome to the fourm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks guys, from what i have seen the facelift was pretty minor right?

New lights, slightly different front5 end, interior tweeks?

2000 onwards?

Is it worth paying the extra for the facelift version do you think?

Quite a lot of changes in the Facelift models.. have a hunt around theres a post that descibes them all. They became VVT and DBW around this time, also addition of side airbags. The list goes on ...

Wether its worth paying the extra I think is a matter of personal preference. I know several members on here prefer the pre-facelift models.