Badger5AH Fabrications

View Poll Results: Have you declared your remap?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get them repaired straight away

10 20.41%
  • Live with them

13 26.53%
  • Wait until it's bad enough to warrant a respray

26 53.06%
    imported_gek

How fussy are you about your bodywork?

I am getting a little bit anal about it if I'm honest.

I don't like (well, I won't tbh) driving anywhere where I may end up parking close enough to another car to risk a dink.

I look at other cars to see if they have trolley dinks. If I see some nice new cars with dinks it makes me feel better about my two.

So, I was wondering where people stand on dinks, hence the poll.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: How fussy are you about your bodywork?

Really couldn't give a dam these days about anything, as the wheels are all scuffed up from someone forcing me off the track (Well dual carriageway! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) into a gravel pit, have nasty blake brake dust stains....add to this I have so many small scratches and scuffs from cyclists and bad drivers in Amsterdam that I just can't be arsed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Very, but...

When I've owned cars from new it's worse. I've bought it new, I've looked after it, if someone dinks it I'd go mad.

When I have a second hand car (such as now) it was not perfect when I got hold of it, so am less fussy about dinks.

Kev.

imported_gek

Thing that annoys me is that I will make an effort to park as carefully as possible and still get smacked.

The other week I went to Bishop's Stortford with the wife, parked at the end of a carpark where no-one else was.

Came back, and there was a dirty great 4x4 right up next to me. No other cars anywhere near.........why?!?!?!

Didn't notice at the time, but a couple of days later spotted a small dent just over the rear arch. Only a 4x4 would have had the door that far back.

Makes me weep it really does.

5th Gear

Status

Exactly the same happened to me in My A3 2.0TDI. Parked at the back of a service station just outside Cardiff, had the car about 3 months. No others cars there and the place was fairly empty, came back and a car was parked next to me.

Was not until I parked up next time that I noticed a ding in the rear arch.

I mean why? Why when there is 200 other free spaces closer to the service station do you need to park next to me?

Kev.

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

People probably really hate me. I often park over two spaces if I can.

imported_gek

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that too. I just get some idiot who tries to squeeze into the half a space I have left of one bay... maybe I'm just jinxed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Very very fussy, will park miles away from anywhere, will not let the wife use the car as a shopping car or school run car. And very careful of alloys, will never bump up curbs or be pushed into doing so, and have always had any damage repaired straight away.

As for parking, i never park over 2 spaces, that just seems to ask for the wrong attention. I remember when i first had my williams clio and went to the pictures, i parked the car at the opposite end of the park. When i came out, i found the local clio gang had parked all around the car. Well at least there cars were clean modded examples though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

Just to add, I don't park over two spaces in multi story car parks as that just wrong.

however I'll park over two right at the end of me local sainbury's.

6th Gear

Status

aye, best bet is to park miles away from everybody else.

Senior

Status

I would not park over two spaces as this may [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] someone off. Keeping the wheels scuff free requires care and concentration.
    I once parked at the end of the local B+Q carpark at 8 am on a saturday morning only to return to the car to find a white stripe on the bumper.
    The wife reversed the car out of the garage and put a scratch on the door from one end to the other, why? Then recently she opened the bonnet to top up the washers while the wipers were up, more mess to fix.
    Oh yes I almost forgot she also drove the car up the pavement -trashing a wheel in the process- while avoiding a car coming in the opposite direction.

Post Whore

Status

wanna be carefull where you park straddling bays - over here they lift your car for that!

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

Yeah, I try to asses the situation first.

Niel.c, you need to get a new wife!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Owner

Status

I hate when people take up 2 parking bays! Some of the spaces at my work are pairs with curbs in between each pair and some people like to take up them both!!

Perhaps if they need to like if have disabled people in the car but if its just a normal customer it really hacks me off!!

One guy did it in his 54plate passat so i just parked behind him parking over the back of the 2 spaces his face did not look to pleased but he did not even say anything. I was hoping he would.

I only get scratches fixed when it is down to the metal or rather large.

Cheers

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

I hate it when people scratch my car!

Each to their own.

4th Gear

Status

hate parking full stop.. you will usually find that i park at the front of the building/ supermarkets etc making it look like im a manager/owner of the building so that they don't tell me to move [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

once found a woman who parked too close to me and hit my door with her door.. she knew i saw what happened but she didn't know it was my car.. she said "you didn't see that" and i said

"oh i did.. as its my car."

"would you like me to put a big footprint in your door or maybe your face?"

she said she was sorry so took her details etc.. it came out with T-cut so couldn't claim [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

I was walking back to my car once at the petrol station and saw some oath in a Fiat Bravo pull up next to me. I had a bad feeling and lo and behold he hit my car when he opened his door......

he just mumbled 'sorry'. I felt better for giving his car door a damn good kick whilst he was in the garage (pitty I only had trainers on) - it may not be right but I felt MUCH better.

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that too. I just get some idiot who tries to squeeze into the half a space I have left of one bay... maybe I'm just jinxed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Youve got to park diagonally across 2 spaces for it to work. I do even in an empty car park, otherwise g'teed some bugger will always park next to you.

Works well, touch wood, 3yrs no dings dents or scratches.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

I park over two spaces if possible. Otherwise I will avoid parking next to people carriers/4*4/Estate cars or shopping cars.

As you can tell I am quite fussy about where I park, but that's due to having my 2 previous cars hit in car parks and the current one has been hit and has got dents done the doors [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] F*ckers.

Brum brum

Status

I have to admit my recent ding is all my own work. Camberley Audi have moved into a new industrial unit. The builders put up double height kerbs to stop lorries parking everywhere. It was raining heavily and I hadnt been there before so I managed to drive the front bumper up onto a double height kerb. About 30 scratches 2 inches long over the space of about a foot. Grr.

Fortunately they are mainly on the underside of the bumper with just a couple showing from the front. I have to admit I resorted to touch-up paint. Not very pretty, but it hides the white primer that was showing before and youd have to be very close to the car to spot it.

Probably get bumper redone when I've got a few more stone chips.

I know what you mean about supermarkets. Tescos last night at 11pm. Only a dozen cars or so in the car park. Parked in a row all by myself a couple away from the entrance. Came back out and an E reg heap of a Renault Espace is parked right next to me. Why?

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well im probablty the most hated here then.

I park over 2 spaces but on an angle so nobody can squeeze into the half space left but im allowed to as my car cost me twice as much than the average car price, so im entitled to 2 spaces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too..
    That is when I actually leave the car parked anywhere.

Been known to park over 4 spaces in the likes of Tescos car park too...

I will not park next to 4x4s or people carriers,..

I hate it when I return to my car that I parked right at the quiet end of a big car park...and some muppet has parked their B reg Fiesta next to my car...no other cars about for miles. No doubt because thieves will nick my car before theirs! As if anyone would want to nick their old Fiesta anyway!

I'm also not adverse to hoofing some selfish b'stards door skin in, if they've dinged my car and walked away...
    I've done several so far...18stone and size 10 feet / a big kneecap sorts that out.
    Petty...yeah. But it makes me feel better. People shouldn't be so selfish.

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Been known to park over 4 spaces in the likes of Tescos car park too...

[/ QUOTE ]
    That really is sh!t parking Glen [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Numptie of the highest order

Status

hi all,

this has really been making me laugh reading this thread. the only dings I've ever got from parking have been at work and both caused by some numpty that can't drive for [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] (so I sacked him at the first oppertunity).

When ever I park I just park in the space closest or first empty space, I think if you park between cars that are already there you actually have less chance of getting your car smacked!

Just one final thing, I know I've been moaning a lot on here, but they are only cars so let keep some perspective, in glen's case no problem, you dent my porsche you get dented!

if you want something to laugh about, the last time I drove my car in anger was [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] valentines day!!! 3 and a half months ago!!!

Freezing in Moscow

Status

I usually live with small dings but anything that breaks the paint such as a bumper scuff gets the chipsaway treatment.

Irritatingly I kerbed an alloy parking outside my girlfriend's flat on Monday evening on a 6-inch high kerb I hadn't seen. Doh. Nice big fat scrape.