Chris NottEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aragorn

Thread: Alarm going off all night for no reason!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Alarm going off all night for no reason!!

The alarm on my 2002 S3 last night went off at random times through-out the night for like an hour a time, I tried leaving the car unlocked and 4 mins later it started again! 8pm, 12am, 2am, 4am till 7am.

Boot, doors, bonnet and windows are all closed. Radio and lights off.
    What the hell is going on? I'm Taking it to the Audi garage today to get them to rip the alarm out, not dealing with that again.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Sounds like the backup battery in the alarm is buggered...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    could be the batteries in the alarm itself. There a sealed unit but can be cut open with a dremel and new batteries soldered in if the acid hasnt killed the board. Be ready with the KY if you buy a new one from Audi
    Ive been Badger 5'd

Can we break the magic 300?????? In a word Yes 314 BHP 249 lbft at Badger 5

Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    steves is way quicker than any stock turbo'd s3 i have driven
    I only date skinny Women! They keep my power to weight higher...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Steve View Post
    could be the batteries in the alarm itself. There a sealed unit but can be cut open with a dremel and new batteries soldered in if the acid hasnt killed the board. Be ready with the KY if you buy a new one from Audi
    Indeed, I wouldn't usually resort to going to Audi, but I just need it sorted for tonight so it doesn't do it again, I have already pissed my neighbors off enough. Odd though as its outside my work now and not doing it...its waits till gone midnight! May cause its been given water it turns in to an evil Gremlin, thats all I can think of

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Cold temperaturs and batteries are not good bed fellows... drop in temp overnight prob is enough to push it over the edge...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    In the interim, unplug the siren and remove it from the car so your not pissing everyone off while you sort it.
    decanted likes this.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok Audi unplugged the Alarm for now...got to take it back next week so they can do a diagnostic test on it.

Last edited by decanted; 24th April 2012 at 16:51.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi ya matey , i had the same problem with mine here a replacment thats the revised version AUDI A3 VW GOLF 2004-2007 ELECTRONIC ALARM SIREN 1K0951605A | eBay

If your not intending to repair it these will fitt if you have a 8L. it will save you money rather than letting the stealers give you a arse whipping. mine didnt even show a fault in vcds. Also maybe worth getting a third party or ross-tech lead for diagnoising to make sure it not a wiring fault , that will pay for itself straight away.
    Last edited by Nick090884; 24th April 2012 at 17:03.

Neutral

Status
    Hi, sorry to hijack, i've been having the same problem for the last few days, my alarm randomly goes off after i lock the car then started to notice some beeps from rear of the car when i turn it on, can't afford to get it sorted till payday, is the alarm unit easy to get to, to unplug?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SoljahofSensi View Post
    Hi, sorry to hijack, i've been having the same problem for the last few days, my alarm randomly goes off after i lock the car then started to notice some beeps from rear of the car when i turn it on, can't afford to get it sorted till payday, is the alarm unit easy to get to, to unplug?
    Hi ya dude the alarm siren is in the left hand side under the central locking pump and bose sub if you have one. you need to fold down the left rear chair and undo all the allen bolts in the boot inculding the luggage strap ones and the centre plastic bolts to remove the plastic's on the left, then the amp to get to the sub fixings once you have done this there a nut holding the alarm siren you should be able to see it . Its roughly located in the rear quarter of the car, rear of the wheel arch. hope this helps.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks, will try and unplug as a temp measure, will have to wait till i get paid to sort it..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick090884 View Post
    If your not intending to repair it these will fitt if you have a 8L. it will save you money rather than letting the stealers give you a arse whipping. mine didnt even show a fault in vcds. Also maybe worth getting a third party or ross-tech lead for diagnoising to make sure it not a wiring fault , that will pay for itself straight away.
    I rang west london audi for the 1st time to find out how much the part was, £108 inc vat , fitting is 1.5hrs which they want roughly £250 labour after vat for fitting, wow that's almost £150ph, no wonder they are called stealers!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SoljahofSensi View Post
    Thanks, will try and unplug as a temp measure, will have to wait till i get paid to sort it..

I rang west london audi for the 1st time to find out how much the part was, £108 inc vat , fitting is 1.5hrs which they want roughly £250 labour after vat for fitting, wow that's almost £150ph, no wonder they are called stealers!
    there a link i put up futher up the page there 45 quid you can fitt it easy ! it would take a normal person about 30-45 mins. thats a joke 1.5hrs !!!!