Alarm going off all night for no reason!!

decanted

Reaction score
The alarm on my 2002 S3 last night went off at random times through-out the night for like an hour a time, I tried leaving the car unlocked and 4 mins later it started again! 8pm, 12am, 2am, 4am till 7am.

Boot, doors, bonnet and windows are all closed. Radio and lights off.
What the hell is going on? I'm Taking it to the Audi garage today to get them to rip the alarm out, not dealing with that again.
:wtf:

could be the batteries in the alarm itself. There a sealed unit but can be cut open with a dremel and new batteries soldered in if the acid hasnt killed the board. Be ready with the KY if you buy a new one from Audi

could be the batteries in the alarm itself. There a sealed unit but can be cut open with a dremel and new batteries soldered in if the acid hasnt killed the board. Be ready with the KY if you buy a new one from Audi

Indeed, I wouldn't usually resort to going to Audi, but I just need it sorted for tonight so it doesn't do it again, I have already ****** my neighbors off enough. Odd though as its outside my work now and not doing it...its waits till gone midnight! May cause its been given water it turns in to an evil Gremlin, thats all I can think of

Cold temperaturs and batteries are not good bed fellows... drop in temp overnight prob is enough to push it over the edge...

<tuffty/>

In the interim, unplug the siren and remove it from the car so your not ******* everyone off while you sort it.

Reactions: decanted
Ok Audi unplugged the Alarm for now...got to take it back next week so they can do a diagnostic test on it.

Last edited:
Hi ya matey , i had the same problem with mine here a replacment thats the revised version AUDI A3 VW GOLF 2004-2007 ELECTRONIC ALARM SIREN 1K0951605A | eBay

If your not intending to repair it these will fitt if you have a 8L. it will save you money rather than letting the stealers give you a **** whipping. mine didnt even show a fault in vcds. Also maybe worth getting a third party or ross-tech lead for diagnoising to make sure it not a wiring fault , that will pay for itself straight away.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry to hijack, i've been having the same problem for the last few days, my alarm randomly goes off after i lock the car then started to notice some beeps from rear of the car when i turn it on, can't afford to get it sorted till payday, is the alarm unit easy to get to, to unplug?

Hi, sorry to hijack, i've been having the same problem for the last few days, my alarm randomly goes off after i lock the car then started to notice some beeps from rear of the car when i turn it on, can't afford to get it sorted till payday, is the alarm unit easy to get to, to unplug?

Hi ya dude the alarm siren is in the left hand side under the central locking pump and bose sub if you have one. you need to fold down the left rear chair and undo all the allen bolts in the boot inculding the luggage strap ones and the centre plastic bolts to remove the plastic's on the left, then the amp to get to the sub fixings once you have done this there a nut holding the alarm siren you should be able to see it . Its roughly located in the rear quarter of the car, rear of the wheel arch. hope this helps.

Thanks, will try and unplug as a temp measure, will have to wait till i get paid to sort it..

If your not intending to repair it these will fitt if you have a 8L. it will save you money rather than letting the stealers give you a **** whipping. mine didnt even show a fault in vcds. Also maybe worth getting a third party or ross-tech lead for diagnoising to make sure it not a wiring fault , that will pay for itself straight away.

I rang west london audi for the 1st time to find out how much the part was, £108 inc vat , fitting is 1.5hrs which they want roughly £250 labour after vat for fitting, wow that's almost £150ph, no wonder they are called stealers!

Thanks, will try and unplug as a temp measure, will have to wait till i get paid to sort it..

I rang west london audi for the 1st time to find out how much the part was, £108 inc vat , fitting is 1.5hrs which they want roughly £250 labour after vat for fitting, wow that's almost £150ph, no wonder they are called stealers!

there a link i put up futher up the page there 45 quid you can fitt it easy ! it would take a normal person about 30-45 mins. thats a joke 1.5hrs !!!!

:asskicking: