Whats your fave colour S3

IMO

1st Imola yellow

2nd Nogaro blue

3rd Goodwood green

What is everyone elses first,second and third choices.

[ QUOTE ]

1st Imola yellow

2nd Nogaro blue

3rd Goodwood green

[/ QUOTE ]

and luckily the cheapest choices secondhand, can't think why?
Dolphin grey or black for me.

1. Dolphin Grey
2. Ming Blue
3. Imola Yellow

1. Brilliant Black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
2. Ebony Black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
3. Ming <font color="blue">Blue</font>

1, mineral gray
2, briliant black
3, Misano red
4, Kingfisher blue
5, Rossa (OEM ferrari)...yes there is one 1!
6, Merlin purple
7, tourmaline

1) Dolphin Grey

2) Goodwood Green

3) Silver

But I drive a yellow one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
1, mineral gray
2, briliant black
3, Misano red
4, Kingfisher blue
5, Rossa (OEM ferrari)...yes there is one 1!
6, Merlin purple
7, tourmaline

[/ QUOTE ]

Ferrari Rosso Corsa (used to be mine from new, and a one off ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Noggy

and Avus,

yet i drive a Ebony Black one now.

Mainly as its one of the last few i could get my hands on, ready ordered and fully loaded to my spec, before they finished taking orders.

they had stopped taking orders in early march, and i paid for this one May.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Ming Blue
2. Dolphin Grey
3. Black

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto although biased as I used to own a Ming Blue S3.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Dolphin Grey

2) Goodwood Green

3) Silver

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I eventually ended up with the green one, You don't see too many of them.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Dolphin Grey

2) Goodwood Green

3) Silver

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I eventually ended up with the green one, You don't see too many of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I would also put the following colours in preferred order, Dolphin Grey, Silver, Noggy blue and Black. I think they look good in all colours, except for that orange one....

fell in love with the imola yellow the first time i saw an s3- but 3 years later ended up buying a black one- a bit more covert living in london.

[ QUOTE ]
If 'that orange one' means absolute red, am I alone in thinking thats the best colour? Maybe when I actually have enough pennies for an S3, I will be able to buy an absolute red one for 25p.... although Azure blue would rate highly for me also.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think the red is quite nice too. There is a tangerine orange out there somewhere which IMO looks right nasty!

papaya orange looks the dogs IMO. Not sure on the grey steering wheel though.

Never seen an S3 in "berry" but I like it on my A3

Nogaro blue is my favourite which is why my car is that colour. Though if the facelifted cars had been available in Azure Blue then I'd pick that as my favourite.

Of the standard colours; 1) Nogaro Blue; 2) Non-metallic black; 3) Ming Blue.

But I've seen S3s in Merlin Purple and a very dark metallic Racing Green (both special order colours) which looked fantastic.

1 Imola
I have to say that cos that's what I bought
2 Nogaro blue
with silver leather, mmm nice
3 Black

1. noggy
2. imola
3. ming

I have a ming, but would still prefer a noggy. Somehow makes me smile (and slightly jealous) every time I see one :)
its only a colour........

I still think a freshly polished Ming blue in the sun is hard to beat!

Reactions: Essflee
To be honest the s3 is one car that looks great in every colour. If i see a red one i wish i got that. If i see a grey one i wish i got that
And so on!!
Went for black in the end

Reactions: Essflee
Pmsl hahaha. Nothing wrong in a good old thread revival dave!! I always wonder how the thread reviver came across the thread?

Am not surprised Joe has commented lol

Also didn't know there was an OEM Rossa S3 hanging about somewhere

Crikey, I'm waaay up there with my original reply! Yes, there is one Rossa Red S3 about, don't know where it is now though?

I'd like a Merlin Purple example now though, if I could order new.

I still think a freshly polished Ming blue in the sun is hard to beat!

I agree 100%,

With the chrome or Matt mirrors and a tyre dressing they look awesome, like yours... mine doesn't look like a 12 year old car !

The Ming has aged well !!

Reactions: s3 Hoggy
To be honest the s3 is one car that looks great in every colour. If i see a red one i wish i got that. If i see a grey one i wish i got that
And so on!!
Went for black in the end

All true !! Lol

Yes, there is one Rossa Red S3 about, don't know where it is now though?.

As mentioned above the Rosso Corsa S3 was mine.

Fondly referred to by friends and family as "the red one"

Was a 2002, 225 S3 factory painted by Audi, back when RSTT 18" were just becoming a uk option. I had from new for 18 months or so, it stayed within the forums for a while with 2 other TSN owners, and was then traded in px years ago.

Probably out there mis-described as misano, absolute or brilliant red.

If anyone has a red 2002 S3 where the paint codes In the book and car stickers list ---/--- it could well be the car. Not sure if it got its original plate back as it had a couple of private plates after me.

I then had a Ebony 2003 S3 for almost 10 years after before changing to my current S3.

Last edited:
Reactions: kwistof and jojo
@PaulS3

Yeah I remember it from TSN and your immaculate black S3 (with double foglight mod!) - awesome. Can you put a snap up of the Rossa S3 please for old times?!

Out of interest why did you sell it and then buy another and keep it for 10 years?

The opportunity came up! a brand new unregistered car which had pretty much everything bar tv and sunroof, including sat nav plus and quattro GmbH upgrade suspension (an option that had long been dropped from uk options).

12hr shifts, life, saving then buying a house, redundancy and new job all added to 10 years of ownership. ( along with modding it)

I've been in continuous S3 ownership, since 2002.

4 pics from brand new....

and compared to friends Misano RS4 and S3

Rosso Corsa next to Misano RS4  S3

Last edited:
Reactions: kwistof and s3mad_dude
The opportunity came up! a brand new unregistered car which had pretty much everything bar tv and sunroof, including sat nav plus and quattro GmbH upgrade suspension (an option that had long been dropped from uk options).

12hr shifts, life, saving then buying a house, redundancy and new job all added to 10 years of ownership. ( along with modding it)

I've been in continuous S3 ownership, since 2002.

4 pics from brand new....

View attachment 28638View attachment 28641View attachment 28642View attachment 28643

and compared to friends Misano RS4 and S3

View attachment 28644

Awesome in that red, why on earth wasn't that the standard red instead of Absolute Red

Didn't expect you to come back and post some pictures so thanks PaulS3, that really is a stunning S3 :)

I bet you got some interesting looks at the dealership when specifying your Audi exclusive paint option to be a Ferrari OEM colour!

I might have found the current owner.. :s3addict: Watch this space...

The car was built, unregistered when I purchased it, but the person who ordered it originally wanted a Misano TTR, which back then before S-Lines / Misano was an option, Audi refused to build, however they would take an order on a exclusive colour, so Rosso Corsa was chosen as an alternative, and the paint/ permission was sourced from Ferrari.

Part way through the order was changed to an S3, and the unique colour kept.

I bought the car before it even got the the UK.

Reactions: kwistof