Chris NottEM Tuning
    Erf
    1st Gear

Status

s3 front wishbone bushes

Hi,

Been told my front wishbone bushes are knackered. Any advice on whether I should stick to oem or powerflex? Any ideas on how much effort is required to replace the bushes? Been bent over a few times and not enjoyed the experience...
    Silver 2002 S3 - Alloy Mirrors - RNS-E - Parrot MKI9200 - Beesting Ariel - Stealth Catch Can - S2000 Air Filter - R32 Rear ARB

Oyster Grey 2008 A6 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI DPF

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Just replaced mine for powerflex . Its fairly simple to do too about a 3-4 hour job .I had to burn the old ones out .

Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    Cheers John. Will have a look on ebay to see if I can get some powerflex ones...
    Silver 2002 S3 - Alloy Mirrors - RNS-E - Parrot MKI9200 - Beesting Ariel - Stealth Catch Can - S2000 Air Filter - R32 Rear ARB

Oyster Grey 2008 A6 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI DPF

2nd Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    A lot of people will run standard, as the standard bushes provide a comfortable ride and are durable enough.

However, i chose powerflex bushes, bought from Damian from DPM / Awesome Gti and they are great...albeit that vibration and ride quality is now affected. Each to his own.

Personally, i'd also get them fitted by a VAG fitter as he had the appropriate pressing tools to do the job quicker than standard machanics or at home. I paid 2 hours labour to have mine done front and rear...about £90 cash.
    Last edited by Jimgrim77; 24th April 2012 at 16:42. Reason: spell check

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

Hulk Smash!

Status
    Does anyone know the Part number for the TT non voided bushes?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Powerflex in the front and OEM TT ones in the rear as they are solid and not voided like std ones... rears need to be pressed in ideally..
    Pair of Wishbone Bushes - Lemforder OEM - for VW Golf Mk4 R32, Audi TT & S3 | eBay

Suggests PN is 8N0 407 181 B

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah and that part number is actually listed for S3s too. When I was looking for reesy I did an all model search on ETKA and they fit S3/TT/R32/Beetle RSI as standard.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Must have been an option or something... all the S3's I have seen have voided bushes mine included... the solid ones make a fair difference...

Powerflex alternatives for these are not brilliant, they are stiff and work well initially but they tend to squeeze out as they are a 2 piece bush... powerflex for the front bush though

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Hulk Smash!

Status
    Brilliant,
    Guess the TT ones have no orienation?. as i always seem to missalign bushes pressing them in.

2nd Gear

Status

Are the front powerflex bushes i have fitted here not any good then ?

2nd Gear

Status
    I remember trying to get those *******s in.......got thrown down the garden in a rage a cupple of times lol
    i made a pressing tool for them after I got fed up of doing the walk of shame to go get them from the neighbours, it's a 30-40m throw to theirs

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 JOHN View Post

Are the front powerflex bushes i have fitted here not any good then ?
    The horizontal ones at the front of the arm are fine, the vertical ones at the rear have a tendency to squeeze out... they are ok in fairness as a bush but may not last as long in there as others...

If I had the choice I would use the TT ones over the powerflex in the rear position

I like the look of these...
    SuperFlex: Advanced polyurethane suspension bushes

<tuffty/>

SEAT owner

Status
    I did a rough guide on how to rebush these over on seatcupra.net
    I run powerflex front and rear and dont find it overly harsh
    If i were to do it again i would use the race rear bush which is pretty much a rose joint

6th Gear

Status
    got a full set of front powerflex bushes for the S3 if anyone wants them, brand new unused & boxed (oh there the slightly larger ones for newer models)
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system