s3 front wishbone bushes

Erf

Reaction score
Hi,

Been told my front wishbone bushes are knackered. Any advice on whether I should stick to oem or powerflex? Any ideas on how much effort is required to replace the bushes? Been bent over a few times and not enjoyed the experience...:asskicking:

Just replaced mine for powerflex . Its fairly simple to do too about a 3-4 hour job .I had to burn the old ones out .

Cheers John. Will have a look on ebay to see if I can get some powerflex ones...

A lot of people will run standard, as the standard bushes provide a comfortable ride and are durable enough.

However, i chose powerflex bushes, bought from Damian from DPM / Awesome Gti and they are great...albeit that vibration and ride quality is now affected. Each to his own.

Personally, i'd also get them fitted by a VAG fitter as he had the appropriate pressing tools to do the job quicker than standard machanics or at home. I paid 2 hours labour to have mine done front and rear...about £90 cash.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the Part number for the TT non voided bushes?

Yeah and that part number is actually listed for S3s too. When I was looking for reesy I did an all model search on ETKA and they fit S3/TT/R32/Beetle RSI as standard.

Must have been an option or something... all the S3's I have seen have voided bushes mine included... the solid ones make a fair difference...

Powerflex alternatives for these are not brilliant, they are stiff and work well initially but they tend to squeeze out as they are a 2 piece bush... powerflex for the front bush though :)

<tuffty/>

Brilliant,
Guess the TT ones have no orienation?. as i always seem to missalign bushes pressing them in.

7110656707_d3215c9582_c.jpg

Are the front powerflex bushes i have fitted here not any good then ?

I remember trying to get those *******s in.......got thrown down the garden in a rage a cupple of times lol
i made a pressing tool for them after I got fed up of doing the walk of shame to go get them from the neighbours, it's a 30-40m throw to theirs

Reactions: SamHendry
7110656707_d3215c9582_c.jpg

Are the front powerflex bushes i have fitted here not any good then ?

The horizontal ones at the front of the arm are fine, the vertical ones at the rear have a tendency to squeeze out... they are ok in fairness as a bush but may not last as long in there as others...

If I had the choice I would use the TT ones over the powerflex in the rear position

I like the look of these...
SuperFlex: Advanced polyurethane suspension bushes

<tuffty/>

I did a rough guide on how to rebush these over on seatcupra.net
I run powerflex front and rear and dont find it overly harsh
If i were to do it again i would use the race rear bush which is pretty much a rose joint

got a full set of front powerflex bushes for the S3 if anyone wants them, brand new unused & boxed (oh there the slightly larger ones for newer models)