Hydraulic clutch problem.

I

imported_daryl

Does anyone know of a web site that has technical diagrams for the S3. More specifically the clutch pedal and its connections.

Am I correct in saying that the clutch is hydraulic?

The reason for asking is that my clutch pedal is permanently on the floor and it happened when I was driving. It didn’t go straight away because I could pull it up with my hand and use it a little. But now there’s no resistance in the pedal and its sitting on the ground.
I know the clutch has not gone cos a new one was put in there last September. That’s why I’m thinking there could be a problem with the hydraulics

Do any of you also know how much this could set me back?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

This has happened to a few people on here. As far as I know it is the clutch pedal bracket that breaks.

Usually it has not affected the hydraulic system, and the fix is to replace the clutch pedal.

I have had a look on the web and it seems to be the clutch slave/master cylinder.

Yup could be that too. But hopefully it isn't the slave cylinder as the gearbox will have to come off to replace it.

If you can wait until this evening, I can post some diagrams and info for you.

That would be great, thank you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The cost to put this right sounds like REMAP money!!

Oh well, have to start saving again.

I thought people would like to know....

On the books the labour time was 7.8 hrs. The slave cylender was £40.

The job total was £325.

They found that the clutch plate was covered in braske fluid so that had to be replaced. Giving a garnd total of £450.

What hurt the most was that the clutch was replaced the day I bought it from the garage. So the car has now had 3 clutches in its life and its comming up to 4 years old ahhhh.