A3 AGU upgrade/build thread

Amarshall

Reaction score
Hello all,

So i've been reading up on various forums about what people have done with there A3's and it's made me want to get more out of mine so here's my progress,thoughts and general takes on things so far.
I've had my A3 for 4 months now after taking it in a swap for my Alfa 156 (Never again) and i was quite impressed with it to be honest. Never had a Turbo petrol before and it was fairly quick and fun to drive but i soon got bored of the handling as it was pretty numb and didn't really feel great in the corners. Thanks to Prawn who i messaged after reading his mates post on cheap coilovers and got myself some JOM's soon after. Had a good 2-3 week playing about with setup and the result was awesome. So much better in the bends and the general stance of the car has greatly been improved. From here i moved inside and got some S3 interior(door cards, steering wheel, centre console) Thanks to PSI Tuning for the parts! Also got some S3 Wheels yesterday which look so much better then my old crappy 16" sport ones. So now i'm thinking speed!
Scored a BorgWarner KKK K04-001 turbo which I thought would just bolt on with no other mods needed other then a remap so i didn't fancie going for the 023. mpr So now i need a little advice.... What's best to change to get the most out of it? I've read a few different posts mainly on SEAT/VW forums that i'll need to change the MAF casing, fuel pressure rail + reg, Injectors, manifold and fuel pump. Anyone got any advise on this list? anything to add/remove? Also have full Milltek system going on when it goes in to get mapped but i'd like to do as much as possible before it goes it.