Golf R32/Porsche Boxster specs

Markb

Reaction score
As subject what are the specs on these two cars?

The reason I ask is because I had just filled up and was pulling back onto the dual carriage way when these two went flying past me so I went for a play (Knowing that I would get beaten, but hey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif )

Anyway we got to a round about and pulled off at about 40MPH and the Porsche got one car length on me and the R32 got about 2 on me and this stayed constant right past 70+ (not saying speed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

I was quite shocked that was all as I expecting to be thrashed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sound like you were racing and they were cruizing lol

only kidding whats yours like compared to a S3 ????

Golf R32 is 3.2 N/A engine, producing 237 BHP (240PS), 236 lbs of torque, 0-62 is 6.6 seconds, 4-wheel drive.

Link

Porsche Boxter is 2.7 N/A engine, producing 240 BHP, 200 lbs of torque, 0-62 is 6.2 seconds, mid-engine mounted, rear wheel drive.

Link

Porsche Boxter S is 3.2 N/A engine, producing 280 BHP, 237 lbs of torque, 0-62 is 5.5 seconds, mid-engine, rear wheel drive.

Link

Golf R32:
Power - 240bhp
Torque - 236 lb/ft
0-60 - 6.4s

Porsche boxter 2.7:
Power - 228bhp
Torque - 192 lb/ft
0-60 - 6.2s

Porsche boxter 3.2
Power - 260bhp
Torque - 310 lb/ft
0-60 - 5.5s

Audi A3
Power - 150bhp
Torque - 154 lb/ft
0-60 - 7.9s

I have a feeling they weren't trying.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling they weren't trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I thought that they were a hell of a lot quicker on paper.

I think it must have been that I took the round about quicker and dropped it into 2nd where as they were probably in 3rd or 4th.

Oh well I enjoyed it.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh well I enjoyed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. You gotta have a go. It would be rude not to!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh well I enjoyed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. You gotta have a go. It would be rude not to!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

I'd off had a go if i'd been in my old R. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Markb it sounds like you'd be needing a chip, because then you are in playing teritory once on the move. From the start they'd have you, but with the lighter car you would keep in contact (Based on Boxster not S) and would maybe even lead for a little, but at the higher end approaching 120-130 they should eat you..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

With the boxster it depends on the age as to the power as they have steadily increased power from 204 bhp for the first 2.5,s to 280bhp on the latest 3.2 incarnation.