Alloy Wheel Advice

S3_Olly

Full Throttle
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody can help me, I have just bought some 18" Audi rs4 nuvolari alloys for my Audi S3 8l at a bargain price of £170.
They just need refurbishing which they are currently being done but just wondered if anybody knew if they would chuck straight on my Audi or whether I will need new nuts, spacers ect.

Once refurbished I just want to get them on the car but want to make sure I have everything in place if needed, plus if anybody is interested I will be selling the standard 17" alloy wheels if anybody is interested.

Cheers Olly

What is the bolt pattern and what is the offset?
As far as i know the gen nouvalari wheel is 5 x 100, you see them on mk1 tt's a lot, so id say theyd fit an s3 just fine, for now.

I'm always thought the oem version where 5x112, could be wrong tho.... I know most of the 5 stud reps come multi fit. Olly flip the wheels and check the Pcd stamp on the rear. If so you'll need 5x100-5x112 PCD adapters as for offset, not a clue.

Good luck selling the Avus dude lol.

Yes i will have to have a look when i get them back from being refurbed, stupid me forgot to have a look before i took them down to be done.
As far as i am aware its just the 5 stud fitment and they are genuin alloys, but if i need any adaptors then ill have to buy some that not a problem. any of you know where the best place to buy some adaptors from if needed and the bolts of course.

Oh and damo soon as iv finished watching the F1 i will be cleaning the car so ill take a pic of the front grill you did.

Cheers

IF they arent 5x100, you'l need some 5x100 to 5x112 adapters, go for h&r adapters, they are the best (strongest, safest). bolt wise, you say they are genuine alloys so the bolts you have for your standard avus wheels will be fine.

I believe they are ET42 offset, which is what the bloke I bought them off is saying.
if they are 8 inch wide, which im guessing they are, then they would sit quite far in the arch.
i reckon 25mm adapters should make them sit nice. i dont think you can get lower than 25 in adapters.
that would give you an offset of et17.
put that into the offset calculator to give you an idea.

yes i will have to pop down and check the wheels out while they are being done, i was looking at the adapters but didnt see any lower than £140 for 2 with bolts, do you think i wil need spaces all round and do you know anywhere that is good priced for them.

every car i have had where put on by an alloy wheel company that sorted the spacing out so i havnt had much dealings with this kind of thing so really appriciate your help with this as it all sound foreign to me lol.

Cheers

the best adapters to go for are H&R. although im unsure of where to get them. id start with DPM, they sponsor the site, so there may be some discount for you