0 Boost.

jackpilk

Reaction score
The S3 seems like it hasn't got a turbo. It was Boosting fine earlier and was pulling really strong and now it feels like I've got back to my old 1.4 golf.

I've disconnected the MAF and still runs exactly the same, checked all the breather lines for splits etc (The one's under the inlet manifold were replaced quite recently) and from I can see they are all still intact as well as all the main hoses. Could I be dealing with a big air leak?

This happened to me the other day but then all of a sudden I had boost again, could mine be flickering in and out of 'limp' mode?

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks

Ok dude, id suggest getting it on vag com/ross tech to see if there are any fault codes, before throwing money down the drain.

I'm off working abroad next week so I'l have to sort it when I'm back. Just not nice knowing you will return to a dud car.

No Engine light, Idle is a bit floaty but only very very little. Smooth power through the revs just no turbo kick at all

mate id check it on vag com first , check the boost pipes going from the DV to the hard boost pipe and your DV, check also your hard boost pipe, and i would suggest checking on the turbo its self

i had this problem with my old golf gt tdi.

no turbo at all, i checked everything these guys have checked, even took pipes of the turbo to check the blades etc thinking the turbo had gone, plugged it into vagcom got some stupid codes with reason i had never heard of lol

sent it to a mates garage, to find the cam belt had skipped a tooth or 2 and the tensioner was on its way, and causing the car to go into 'limp' mode every time i started it up.

my advise if it isnt anything simple, send to a garage where you have warrenty cause starting it up a load of times could make it worse, and if my cam belt had snapped... thats big money lol.

but still, could be something simple.

7045726067_4b44645824_z.jpg
orange/red pipe is at the back of the engine, goes down into the top of the turbo, OEM is known to go; mine went recently. comes of the metal pipe that goes around the left side of the engine

Audi A3 TURBO HOSE £58.34 at Motorsport World

It would sound like a woosh of air all aorund you if the orange/red pipes come off, at least it did with me

7045726067_4b44645824_z.jpg
orange/red pipe is at the back of the engine, goes down into the top of the turbo, OEM is known to go; mine went recently. comes of the metal pipe that goes around the left side of the engine

Audi A3 TURBO HOSE �58.34 at Motorsport World

I do get some boost pressure, but it feels as though when it's up to a decent pressure, it leaks out and causes a loud hissing noise from the engine bay. Mine is stage 1 mapped with an OE airbox (upgraded panel), forge tip and a (new/replaced) Forge 007p that is 2 months old. Thought it was the DV but i have swapped it and the power loss is still there.

if its off slightly you get a hissing noise, take it off and have a look for wear. Its a 10min job on and off. I used the hairspray trick around the rim of the red pipe when refitting it.

if its off slightly you get a hissing noise, take it off and have a look for wear. Its a 10min job on and off. I used the hairspray trick around the rim of the red pipe when refitting it.

Cheers pal, will have a look tonight after work. I presume the hairspray trick is to act as a sealant to prevent it slipping of again?

Shaun.

Sorry for the late reply.. Who ever said limp mode give yourself a shiny.

It goes in and out quite a lot. Car has properly died now and sounds haggid on turn over, oh the joys of s3 ownership.