Drilling alloys?

Paradox1

Reaction score
Right boys AMD girls, I have some bbs rc041 in BMW fitment 5x120. I've always been prang about fitting wheel adapters after so many horror stories. Would I be able to get my alloys drilled to 5x100 instead?

What horror stories? Not really heard of any myself and seen people running huge spacers(30mm+) putting their cars through really hard times on track and so on.

Horror stories like wheels leaving the car wheels going in a different direction to the car. There was someone on her who had the same thing happen to him.ok so if I order adapters, which should come with bolts to for the hub. Can I use my existing wheel bolts?

I've not heard any horror stories with hub adaptors personally. If you buy quality items like H&R ones and use the correct torques, I see no problem myself. I'd trust hub adaptors more than a set of redrilled rims!

Mate no chance of that diference, adaptors for sure or But diff wheels

I had some 30mm adapters on my Corrado never had any problems

Nothing wrong with adapters aslong as there hubcentric. Ive never heard any problems with them

A friend of mine had Porsche 944 wheels on his 280bhp Corsa B (had a 2.0 turbo lump obviously) he hit 160mph quite alot (on a closed road/race track) and did several, hard driving, track days and his never fell off :)

Seriously don't worry about it.. Just don't buy cheap, sh*t ones.

Ben

Hubcentric and pcd adapters are fine. Don't risk ruining the structural integrity of the wheels by drilling them, had a friend do it on some 4 stud st200 wheels to fit to his 5 stud st220 and one of them cracked after a few days, lucky he noticed the crack before he drove off really!

Mines got 25's on the front and 30's on the rear and absolutely abuse my car at times and not had an issue

I've got H&R spacerswhuch have fit steel inserts for the threads I don't lime the idea of ally tapped threads as see so many stripped with my work although I have never heard of any issues with spacers with ally threads ;)

That's for all of your advice lads, will be getting hubcentric adapters from dom as they seem a reasonable price. I'll post a pic up of the wheels later

Only buy H&R's as they have the steel inserts... don't use anything that just taps into alloy threads... seen a few sets of 'other' makes of adaptor and tbh the threads look horrible after the wheel has been off a few times...

<tuffty/>