4 bar fuel pressure regulator?

The reason for the screen is to ensure that the airflow going through the centre portion over the sensor is straight and smooth, this is so that the ECU's computation will be accurate. If the flow is not smooth then the ECU's computation of total flow through the barrel will be possibly off.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but did u have a TTDA installed at the time. U need a TTDA for it to work optimum I think. Hey Monty you've got a TTDA and MOFO, did you find it got a bit more laggy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran TTDA, MOFO and boost machine with 4 bar FPR. Butt dyno felt gains all over the rev range, felt smoother too.

Adam

can someone tell me how this would make a difference? I get the TTDA but the MOFO looks no better than the original part....

The only problem is most people don't understand that you need to remove the bottleneck on any system at each stage. The MAF housing is by noi means any where near the the bottleneck, money is better spent elsewhere initially.

A descreened MAF is not the way forward in my opinion even APR on their Stage 3 1.8T include a screen for the MAF, read the flow straightener part on this page

man that screen looks very restrictive, especially since it's a clip on, ontop of the existing screen so that's two screens your flowing through. Plus it's not just de-screening it's that plus a bigger chamber (11%) bigger. Now what I want to know is would I get great lag that's all nothing else, I've already looked at the whole issues on air flow and people's opinions on air filters, I'm happy with my choices, but would like to know what people experience with this particular product if anyone apart from Adam "Monty" has.

If you really want to upgrade the MAF then I'd say look for a standard Cosworth version housing (i think this is the one??!) and simply put your MAF sensor in it........might as well take the injectors and a remap whilst you're at it.

I wouldn't be inclined to purchase one without the screen as it will disrupt the air flow across the sensor, which cannot be good for performance.

The 4 bar reg is available from VAG/Audi (or VAG parts as stated earlier) as it was used on the longitudinal 1.8T engine i.e. the one from the A4.