Badger 5 TIP V2 - Great bit of kit!!!!!

woodyS3

Reaction score
Well today i was counting down the hours until i finished work to go to the famous Bill that i had heard so much about, it was 50 miles there from were i live and would of got there sooner if my satnav was nice, however i got there in the end and all i can say is that all the stories about how good Bill is are completely true.
Bill is a top guy and he was very helpful and informative, he truly is a 1.8T god. Anyway i wont praise him any longer or his head will be huge, now down to the TIP.
Compared to the standard TIP, its huge, its very firm, good quality and looks good in the engine bay. I couldn't wait to start her up and take her home. Boy wasn't i pleased on the way home, it now feels a lot smoother and it feels like i have alot more torque in the high end gears from low down the rev range, i could tell this on the motorway. I cant say it made the turbo spool sound any louder for me as mine was already loud but it definitely sounds nicer now. Its also fixed the DV sound on my forge 008, before it used to sound like a pensioner blowing down a straw but now it has a nice psssttt sound and it sounds how it should sound. I also had the Jetex filter aswell as my K&N was looking abit poor and christ its huge compared to the K&N which i thought was big.
I now have a multi coloured engine bay, Red Badger 5 Tip and a Blue breather hose (which i fitted as soon as i got home, dont panic Bill lol) the Audi original breather pipe was knackered. Now all i need is new vaccum hoses as they have seen better days but which colour should i go for people lol.

All in all, Money well spent and i cant praise Bill enough, Nice chap how knows his stuff.
Well done buddy and thanks for today.

WoodyS3

That's awesome buddy :) can't wait to get mine!!! Ordered one late last month but they're on back order now because they're in such high demand 8-/

Does it feel alot faster?

Ben

The Badger V2 clan is gaining members daily ;)

It doesn't feel faster as such, it deffinatly has alot more torque and pulling power but as bill discovered my hoses have seen better days so once the

are fixed it should be great. Don't expect blistering speed from it on a standard map but depending on your set up I.e stage 1 or stage 2 remap you would get more gains. It's deffinatly worth the money, the car just seems happier now and the turbo has an easier life now, still not that easy because I'm behind the wheel but it's brilliant no matter what set up your running.
i promised bill I would be back to put it on The rollers and to find out and then sort out the remap status on my car as I think some people in the past have told me porky pies.
Tonight is the real test anyway, putting the S3 up against my two best mates newly remapped cars. A Focus RS Mk1 and a jap import Subaru impreza wrx which were both remapped yesterday (I don't fancy my chances). It would seem that the car modifing/tuning world made alot of money off 3 lads from herefordshire yesterday lol, all worth it though!

WoodyS3

cool mate :) can't wait to get mine! And...

Tonight is the real test anyway, putting the S3 up against my two best mates newly remapped cars. A Focus RS Mk1 and a jap import Subaru impreza wrx which were both remapped yesterday (I don't fancy my chances). It would seem that the car modifing/tuning world made alot of money off 3 lads from herefordshire yesterday lol, all worth it though

...On a closed road obviously ;) lol

Ben