Low budget brake update for S3

Triple_A

Reaction score
Website
www.minunauto.com
I'm thinkin to update my brakes with Seat Ibiza Cupra 4-pot brembo calipers. I was thinkin to use std size drilled disks and then i need to get caliper carrier, maybe custom-made.

Has anyone done that?
Is there any point in that upgrade?

I know that there can´t be big difference in brake power, but i get one pair of second hand calipers quite cheap...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinkin to update my brakes with Seat Ibiza Cupra 4-pot brembo calipers. I was thinkin to use std size drilled disks and then i need to get caliper carrier, maybe custom-made.

Has anyone done that?
Is there any point in that upgrade?

I know that there can´t be big difference in brake power, but i get one pair of second hand calipers quite cheap...

[/ QUOTE ]

The cost of having a bracket custom made would be horrendous... Would work out cheaper to buy a kit and you would get a better kit for the price.

Rich

Those calipers costs ~250€ together and i think that i can make those caliper carriers in my work. Brembo JR kit would cost ~1500€ in my country...

Do you think that braking power would be better than std with those 4-pot calipers when i dont change disk size?

[ QUOTE ]
Those calipers costs ~250€ together and i think that i can make those caliper carriers in my work. Brembo JR kit would cost ~1500€ in my country...

Do you think that braking power would be better than std with those 4-pot calipers when i dont change disk size?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its guaranteed to be better!