Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Az
    Hard slammed!

Status

Am I missing something?....... The coil pack recall.

I popped into Hatfield Audi yesterday to get a couple of parts, whilst I was in there I thought I'd take advantage of asking if my S3 has ever had the coil pack recall or is eligible for it.

The guy took my chassis number and checked on his computer, he came back to me saying my car has never had any recall work done and that there are no outstanding recalls on it to be done.

I know for a fact I haven't got genuine coil packs on my car so they've obviously been changed at some stage, more than likely due to the usual failing.

Was I supposed to have gone about it in a different way or something??

Any advice appreciated, oh and by the way it's a 2000 pre-facelift APY model if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
    Az
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    The recall is only on the later model push in coil packs not the bolt downs you have mate sorry...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Yours is pre-facelift matey so originally it would of had bolt downs and (sadly) isnt in the recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

6th Gear

Status
    Same as what happened with you Gops.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

4th Gear

Status
    Bolt downs aparrently much more reliable than later push in type and as above not in recall, mines on the origionals and all seem fine
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Lovely jubbly, thanks for clearing that up guys! There are no issues with mine , I have a receipt for the coil packs from around this time last year iirc, which were from euro parts, and if I recall the coil packs are made by 'Beru' or something like that?? I know they definitely start with a B, only had the engine cover off once, would they be OE make? Or were they originally Bosch or something?

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

R-Tech Terrorist

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sportquattro View Post
    Bolt downs aparrently much more reliable than later push in type and as above not in recall, mines on the origionals and all seem fine
    Yup, mine are on originals too

1.8 litre porsche eater!

R-Tech Terrorist Squad - 265bhp & 275lbft

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Genuine ones are plain ontop and the writing is just under where the plug goes into it. Starts with AG 06 iirc

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Thanks for your help guys!