Am I missing something?....... The coil pack recall.

Az

Hard slammed!
Reaction score
I popped into Hatfield Audi yesterday to get a couple of parts, whilst I was in there I thought I'd take advantage of asking if my S3 has ever had the coil pack recall or is eligible for it.

The guy took my chassis number and checked on his computer, he came back to me saying my car has never had any recall work done and that there are no outstanding recalls on it to be done.

I know for a fact I haven't got genuine coil packs on my car so they've obviously been changed at some stage, more than likely due to the usual failing.

Was I supposed to have gone about it in a different way or something??

Any advice appreciated, oh and by the way it's a 2000 pre-facelift APY model if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Az

The recall is only on the later model push in coil packs not the bolt downs you have mate sorry...

<tuffty/>

Yours is pre-facelift matey so originally it would of had bolt downs and (sadly) isnt in the recall.

Lovely jubbly, thanks for clearing that up guys! There are no issues with mine , I have a receipt for the coil packs from around this time last year iirc, which were from euro parts, and if I recall the coil packs are made by 'Beru' or something like that?? I know they definitely start with a B, only had the engine cover off once, would they be OE make? Or were they originally Bosch or something?

Genuine ones are plain ontop and the writing is just under where the plug goes into it. Starts with AG 06 iirc