Boot Lock / Rear Washer

waynetbun

Reaction score
Well i've only owned this car a few days ( 1.8T Sport 3rd ) and it's keeping me on my toes, good job I like a challenge, although I was hoping that this car i wouldn't need to do so much work to it ( I have an old skool Mini which can do that ) so this was suppose to be my reliable steed.

Anyhow, before reading on here i've tried my rear wiper: works fine - washer not. Now it seems this might be an issue as I now can't open the boot, well after a quick search on here, I climbed through the back pulled off a few panels and hey presto.
So it looks like this weekend I need to find where the washer water is going too, as no water in spare wheel area or anywhere else I can see, but the rear speakers / sub / amp aren't working so guessing there might be the culprit. And I also need to see what is wrong with lock - Micro switch, knacked solanoid who knows.

But one part I have found broken is the spring type mechanisum that surrounds hoop that secures the boot once closed ( 2 kind off flaps either side ) I think part number 8L0 827 085 A, its abit scratched so think thats the number.
Are these easy to come by or do I need it at all.

Sorry for the long winded explaination.

Sorry to pester peeps, but has anyone got any ideas on the part I need?

Hi

There's a tube that splits/comes apart somewhere in the N/S rear wheel arch area ... yes where the sub is. Or at least there was in my old A3 - have a poke about.

No idea what you talking about for the other bit. Pictures might help.

Liam

Thanks for the info.
I'll get some pics up over the weekend regarding the part i'm after.