finaly put the s3 on the dyno....

Vagworld

Reaction score
im quite happy with the results, i desperately need a stronger DV and front mount, i will upload a video when i get a chance
s3.jpg

s32.jpg

Reactions: AARON77
250 and a 13.9 1/4 mile wow

13.9... Really?? My mates 290bhp evo 2 only managed a 13.8 @ 98mph

Mine ran a 15.6 at fast show lol but it is standard and had a kippered clutch and binding brake caliper... All fixed now though ;)

Scan your time slips! ;)

I reckon with a high flow manifold and down pipe, fmic and a few more supporting mods I can hit mid 13.s on the old k04

Hell yeah! you removed the interior too right? I cant remember.

Yeah I took the front and rear seat out, next time I may have to loose abit more lol

carbon fibre buckets ftw!

250 and a 13.9 1/4 mile wow

To be fair I think those figures are pretty realistic and are probably what most people get with a map. None of this 270-280bhp nonsense and we all know S3's have been known to get high 13's with minor tuning.

Its all in the launch afterall ;)

Oh and its a nice printout. Smooth power delivery and nicely sustained torgue figure.

To be fair I think those figures are pretty realistic and are probably what most people get with a map. None of this 270-280bhp nonsense and we all know S3's have been known to get high 13's with minor tuning.

Its all in the launch afterall ;)

Oh and its a nice printout. Smooth power delivery and nicely sustained torgue figure.
#

i completly agree, out of personal intrest has anyone got a power graph they could post up of a similar spec to mine? also im not to sure people feel comfortable launching there "quite hard" on the 1/4 (i dont mind lol) to achive sub 14's
with this project im not chasing numbers, every dyno will give you a differnt reading, its the power/torque curve were intested in, and with the few mods we have done to the s3 ive suprised a few people already
anyway here is the time slip and a picture of the back of my car for proof lol

s3santa2.jpg

s3santa.jpg

Just for reference, my old S3 with 156k miles, CC stage1 and Silicon TIP made 251bhp. My current S3 with 60k miles and AmD stage1 made 248-251bhp over 3 runs pre badger5.

a quick vid of the s3 on the dyno

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair I think those figures are pretty realistic and are probably what most people get with a map. None of this 270-280bhp nonsense.

This is correct. I've had to do a lot of work to get 275bhp out of mine on stage 2 and now I've ended up maxing out the standard injectors so anyone who says they have 280+bhp from a stage1 is talking trash.

i feel the same, i had mine amd stage1 and done 266bhp, i rekon it closer to 250 tbh

perhaps mine is that then, ive heard some stories about amd rollers...

i have a big air filter and there was already a silicone tip on when i bought the car, dont know the make

I hit 218-220gs pretty consistently. I know it's not a direct correlation to power though. Need to get it run properly on rollers. The ones I used last time freaked out the haldex.

Then again, I have no idea what map I have but it's running 22psi.

I hit 218-220gs pretty consistently. I know it's not a direct correlation to power though. Need to get it run properly on rollers. The ones I used last time freaked out the haldex.

Then again, I have no idea what map I have but it's running 22psi.

I'm running 16psi the moment

cant really remember what mines running (psi wise)

it made 266bhp and 267torque, il get a pic when i get home

Mine did 278 with a map from bill a 3 inch tip and jetex at 19psi, no other engine mods. I wish they would fit on the rs lol

Does the rs not run 2x ko4s? or are they different sized inlets?.

True but there was nothing to take account of other than the Tip, no 3"dp no fmic nothing ;)

The rs runs 2x k04s, so I'd love 2x 3 inch tips but the engine bay is so tightly packed that it's impossible to run that big of a tip

True but there was nothing to take account of other than the Tip, no 3"dp no fmic nothing ;)

The rs runs 2x k04s, so I'd love 2x 3 inch tips but the engine bay is so tightly packed that it's impossible to run that big of a tip

This is nobody gets custom maps on bog standard K04 cars, which is why generic maps are about. If everyone did go custom instead of generic then this shows you just how much more power can be had ;)

Custom costs that's why ;)

No issues on mine, depends if you have a lambda after the cat of not