Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

S3 conventional brake bleeding???

hi all. is it ok to bleed the brakes the conventional, the normal way, on my 1999 s3? or will i need to take it to a garage with an easy bleed meachine? thanks in advance..

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    As I said in your previous thread... no... use a pressure bleeder like Gunsons Eezi Bleed which will cost you about 15 quid tops from Halfords or eBay

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    i no m8, but some one eles on hear said yes it was ok to bleed the normal way.. thats why i asked again.. you say no and he said yes, i just wanted a few more views. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    As I said in your previous thread... no... use a pressure bleeder like Gunsons Eezi Bleed which will cost you about 15 quid tops from Halfords or eBay

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    no mate... conventional method risks damage to the master cylinder which is a 200 quid part from Audi...

Tbh you will get a better result with the Eezi Bleed... make sure you don't use more than about 18psi and test the seal on the master cylinder before putting fluid in the bottle by pressuring up empty...

Its easy to use but worth getting a mate to help keep an eye on the fluid level else you may need to cycle the ABS pump too...

Start from the rear doing the passenger side first the then drivers side... move to the front again passenger side first and drivers side then do the master cylinder nipples last... be careful with the MC nipples as they are fragile and prone to snapping

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    thats great m8 thanks, i just wanted to be sure thats good advice m8, and ill go stairght to a car shop by me and buy ezzibleed kit in the morning. thanks again..

Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    no mate... conventional method risks damage to the master cylinder which is a 200 quid part from Audi...

Tbh you will get a better result with the Eezi Bleed... make sure you don't use more than about 18psi and test the seal on the master cylinder before putting fluid in the bottle by pressuring up empty...

Its easy to use but worth getting a mate to help keep an eye on the fluid level else you may need to cycle the ABS pump too...

Start from the rear doing the passenger side first the then drivers side... move to the front again passenger side first and drivers side then do the master cylinder nipples last... be careful with the MC nipples as they are fragile and prone to snapping

<tuffty/>