wheel refurb opinions please

TOM.S

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys.Im thinking of getting my 18 inch RSTT's refurbed by the end of this month.and not sure if to keep em silver as they are ,or get em painted satin/matte black.
the car is a silver a3 with roof,spoiler,mirrors,tailights and tints on rear black already.with colour coded silver bumpers,skirts.
so Im tempted to go black with the alloys too,but not sure if they woud match the colour contrast better than the current silver ones.

so any opinions lads?

oh also a bit silly question. if i do upgrade my a3 brakes by getting the 312 discs,calipers,carriers . do i need s3 brake lines/hoses too or can i just stick to a3 ones.as i don't know how similiar or how different the a3/s3 brake lines are.

Do your wheels gun metal in my opinion looks great on a silver car. As for the brake lines, they will fit, as you said, just need carriers for your current callipers and new disks.
Iirc the calipers are the same, just get the s3 carriers, unless your calipers are binding

I got my RSTT wheels powdercoated in a dark chrome looks good and having them powdercoated is a better finish