forge intercooler or wellycooler ?

fitzdog88

Reaction score
Just wondering are forge intercoolers worth there money or would a wellycooler be just as good what sort of improvements am I goin to see on my s3 2000 Apr chipped amk
Thanks lads

Not worth the £750 forge ask for it in my opinion, Unless you find one second hand. Value for money, welly cooler does the same thing, if not better than the forge as it's good for over 300hp, and the core is only £80.

The whole welly cooler setup cost me under £200, definitely couldn't justify the cost of the forge setup. Found mine to be slightly free'd up the engine in lower revs after fitting.... But a must have if going stage 2

The forge intercooler is a a decent bit of kit and has all the parts to plug and play.

Cant comment on the other.

I knw what u mean it is a bit steep 750 I'm leaning 2 wards the wellycooler

All the info you need is in the stickies tbh... very infomational thread all about the pros and cons of various FMIC setups for the S3/A3...

<tuffty/>

Or there's the mid point AH Fabs one which I've gone for. Need to source your own piping but mounting is sorted at least and can retain the fogs...

In not really botherd about keeping the fogs just wondering what the pipework would look like . blue like the rest of my bay or would it look ott

Yeah as tuffty said, there's plenty of info in the main intercooler thread. I'd say black if you want the pipes on show. For me, it's all about OEM+. Subtle.

Personally, I love my forge inter cooler. I bought it from eBay from a guy breaking his up and it was a fantastic buy. Still cost £400 but worth every single penny. Easy to install and good gains. Like anything in life and more often than not....you get what you pay for.

i know what u mean guys just wanted peopled opinion bt hey ho ill traul the stickys

i know what u mean guys just wanted peopled opinion bt hey ho ill traul the stickys

Its ok to ask for peoples opinions mate... but tbh its all been discussed in the FMIC thread before so usually better if you have at least read through the stickies and ask about the stuff you are unsure of... that way you start the conversation as informed as you can be and nobody ends up repeating themselves :)

<tuffty/>

well i have a forge fmic and its a great piece of kit best thing i bought for my car at only £150!!! was a proper bargain! and a real steal got pipework sorted for only £113 and never looked back since, imo intercoolers are best suited once u deciede what power u want or looking to gain, but anything is better then the standard small one i had good luck with whatever u decide mate

thanks guys im gona have a good think and let you all know which i choose