EM TuningSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

1999 AUDI S3, BHP?????

hi all i thought all the older s3 where 210bhp and the newer 0nes 225bhp, ive just read sumwhere that the 1999 s3 are only 180bhp, is this true? wot bhp is mine then? as i was lead 2 belive it was a 210bhp, my ebgine code is apy . thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    210 bhp,,, the TQS was 180 bhp

4th Gear

Status
    APY is definately 210 as standard and they (210/225) all remap to the same
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

5th Gear

Status
    210 limited due to TT

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

Neutral

Status
    hi m8 thanks,, my s3 done 130000 miles, do u think it would be safe to get it remaped, wot would it map 2?

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Take it to a reputable tuners and if they know what they're doing they'll soon tell you if it is not making enough oomph. Get it on the rollers at the same time so they can fully diagnose it if this is the case. Mines on 130 and is mapped. As long as you look after it, it should be fine.

4th Gear

Status
    If she's been serviced, cambelt changed etc then she'll remap just fine. You need to make sure it's driving perfectly as is before you go for a remap. Providing everything is ok, then fun times ahead

Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

BOOM BOOM

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTTIGGER View Post
    hi m8 thanks,, my s3 done 130000 miles, do u think it would be safe to get it remaped, wot would it map 2?
    dont over look the oil pick up pipe, more boost, more stress less oil isnt a good combo. i changed mine at 100,000 miles and it was badly clogged up ( mine is a APY aswell )
    Imola yellow S3 APY.

Neutral

Status
    thats gud news m8, its got full audi service histroy up untill 100000, thats the last cam belt change aswell at 100000. wot bhp will it map 2? ive seen loads of people offering remaps for 150, would 1 of them be ok ?
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. View Post
    If she's been serviced, cambelt changed etc then she'll remap just fine. You need to make sure it's driving perfectly as is before you go for a remap. Providing everything is ok, then fun times ahead

Rick

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    thats gud news m8, its got full audi service histroy up untill 100000, thats the last cam belt change aswell at 100000. wot bhp will it map 2? ive seen loads of people offering remaps for 150, would 1 of them be ok ?
    thanks.
    Most S3's map to somewhere between 240hp and 260hp depending... I wouldn't get a remap from anyone not offering a before and after dyno with AFR logging especially on a car as old as the S3...

There are a lot of rubbish maps out there and the cars are at an age that 'generic' maps are not always the better option... most 'cheap' maps just turn up boost and do nothing with fuel... these should be avoided at all costs...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    i would recommend getting it done sumwhere like rtec they did mine a few weeks ago. They do check for fault codes, give it a health check and if theres something not right they wont take ur money or do it till its right. They also dyno before and after and do a custom map to ur car.
    I got 261 bhp from my 1999 apy s3, had minor mods and mine is on 70,000 miles so shldnt be to far off.

Neutral

Status
    i live in walsall west midlands, wheres the best place near me to get it remaped? how much we talk for a good remap?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny48 View Post
    i would recommend getting it done sumwhere like rtec they did mine a few weeks ago. They do check for fault codes, give it a health check and if theres something not right they wont take ur money or do it till its right. They also dyno before and after and do a custom map to ur car.
    I got 261 bhp from my 1999 apy s3, had minor mods and mine is on 70,000 miles so shldnt be to far off.

Reverse Gear

Status
    R-Tech feedback, R-Tech remapping thats where i got mine done for £250, worth the money

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    R-Tech, Midland VW or Badger 5, all not a million miles away and all three come with excellent service and recomendations.

4th Gear

Status
    thanks.
    Aah, the classic £150 remap

Have a good read of this thread:

3rd gear logs

Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com