S3 spring clean pics.

Danman1

Thorough noob
Reaction score
Spent my Sunday like every man should, cleaning his motor. Gave her a well deserved deep clean and wax, thought I should incase they give us a hose pipe ban up here in the Midlands. Mainly used Poorboys white diamond and Autoglym wax, as well as all the other ancillary products; Autoglym tar remover, Autoglym shampoo, Leather care, bumper restorer, etc, etc.

Dan

2012-04-16123022.jpg

2012-04-16123204.jpg

2012-04-16123847.jpg

2012-04-16123541.jpg

door.png

2012-04-16123255.jpg

2012-04-16123648.jpg

2012-04-16123507.jpg

Reactions: Diesel Quattro
Yeah just painted it. Instantly cracked on the hinge bit tho, wont last long but I dont mind touching it up every time i refill.

Dan

Looks very nice dan and engine bay looks mint. Where abouts in west mids are you?

nice and cleannnnn :) i wish i could get mine as clean lol

Looks stunning mate, well done!
We maybe meeting up on Wednesday if you want to show it off some more?

The car looks in ****** good condition, paintwork looks really good and I love the alcantara/leather interior- I wish the one I bought had those seats instead of the black leather. Do you want to swap?? I think your seats don't go well with the silver paint and all black leather would suit the car far better. Plus you could easily stain the alcantara...

Cheers mate, I'll have to pass on that kind offer, the black and white half leather is as rare as rocking horse ****, hopefully it'll help me sell it in a few months.

Perfect interior combo! Looks nice and clean, perhaps a tap from the lowering stick though?

yeah im thinking of lowering next, just so it sits in the arches. Dont want to spend mega pounds tho. Seen the Jamex thread but still unsure.

Dan

love the shot of the door hinge picture - now that's what you call proper clean.
In fact it looks new...and a bit questionable when you see it looking that good !

Hello Dan nice looking car can you tell me what you cleaned you inlet with.

I know yeah, when something looks toooooo clean it could have been a rebuild or something, tooth brush and autoglym intensive tar remover is the secret! oh and elbow grease.

The metal bits in the engine were soaked in WD40 then wire wooled down, then degreased with Autoglym tar remover then polished with Autoglym metal polish. Gave some ok results. Then the bay is dressed with Autoglym rubber and vinyl spray. Think it works quite well, however you have to put the effort in!

Dan

yeah im thinking of lowering next, just so it sits in the arches. Dont want to spend mega pounds tho. Seen the Jamex thread but still unsure.

Dan

Not much point if your selling in a few months? As you posted above. Car looks amazing anyway dude.

Soon as I get mine back from the garage I'm doing the same!

Well yeah, if I had my way it'd be lowered, Badger tip, Mapped, and a Miltek but you know how life goes....

Yeah I no what you mean. I just spent a fortune on my car. Now I'm selling up in a months time. Not what I really want to do. But for certain reasons I have too.

P.s I'd have a badger v2 tip for sale then too if you hold on :)