What the hell?!?!

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Afternoon all!

Right I'll get straight to it. I have a what the hell kinda question...

Yesterday my s3 sprung a boost leak from the smaller boost pipe of the 2 pipes that come from the resonated hard boost pipe, so as a temporary fix, while my forge one comes, I put a piece of similar internal diameter silicone vacuum hose in its place. It started and revved ok, so I left it at that and went out in another car.

Later in the day I came back and got in mine to take it to the Chinese, and found that under hard acceleration, it boosts to over 20 PSI (the car isn't mapped and normally boosts to 10psi) then drops to 5 psi, then settles at 10psi!!!

What the hell is causing this, what pipe have I replaced and what Damage will this cause to the engine?

When it boosts to 20psi the car feels SOOOO fast! But then almost immediately bogs down and fafs around before settling at 10psi

Again, What the hell?!

Car is a 2000 APY s3 with very few mods and again, it's has not been remapped.

Ben

As your car is not mapped then the fact its making 20psi is the problem... that the ECU reigning in the boost...

I suspect you have done something with the N75 pipework... check that this is correct... boost goes in the bottom, long outlet goes to the TIP and the remaining outlet to the actuator...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Benjiman46
Ok cheers mate I'll check I've not pulled anything out or broken anything on the N75 pipes then give it another try.

I suspected it was something to do with the ECU, it is as if the car is going WAHEYYYYY... WOW!!! TOO MUCH!... Aaaand relax. lol

Cheers for your help mate :)

Ben