help needed

fitzdog88

Reaction score
hi peeps iv gone and got my own vagcom now at last .
anyways the first time the garage read it 2 weeks ago i got these faults
17956-boost pressure regulation valve (n75) open circuit
17697- boost pressure control valve (n249) short to ground -intermittent
17938- camshaft timing adjustment short to ground -intermittent
and other that have dissapered once erased
today with my vagcom i got

17938 cta short to ground so i unpluged it and said open curcuit pluged it back in and it went back to short to ground
17956 (n75) open circuit
17697 (n249) short to ground a few weeks ago i did the delete and pluged the sensor back in

i have been told that the n75 n249 and camshaft timing sensor all run down one cable tidy is this true if so could it be a wiring problem

thanks matt

Last edited:
thanks tuffty i look into it i dont wana be replaceing sensors for no reason mate

just been out and checked the cable tidy no damage as far as i can see is it possable that all 3 sensors are ****ed

Not normal for all three to go at the same time... especially with that fault... still reckon its wiring related...

<tuffty/>

i know what you mean just guessing starting to **** me for only had the car runing ok for two weeks since i bought it icould only follow it untill it went under the battery could i test each 1 with a volt stick or a miltimeter just to see if theres any power to them

just been and checked the wiring to the n75 again used my mates multimeter the terminal had 5volts running to it with the ignition on same with the n249 and sensor at the bottom right hand side of the rocker cover not sure of its name could this mean all 3 sensors are ****ed
thanks matt