Rattle/knocking noise over small bumps

Keiran

Reaction score
Hello people, my car has developed a really annoying noise when going over crappy road surfaces or small bumps in the road. It's a knocking noise and I can feel the vibrations through the accelerator pedal which is weird. I have just Uprated the engine mounts to THS mounts so can't be them so just wondering if any of you wizards have had anything like this before or can point me in the right direction. My car is an a3 1.8Tqs. Thanks in advance,

Keiran

similar noise on my girlfriends civic turned out to be a worn front droplink...

knocked at slow speeds and bumps but was fine on the motorway.

Yer it's exactly like that chazza just at slow speed an fine on the motorway. Is the steering rack close to your feet as the knocks can be felt quite well through the accelerator pedal. It's hard to narrow down really mate but these will point me in the right direction so cheers. Does feel suspension orientated thow.

Mine was like this when I bought it, changed the worn out rubber bushes on the ARB (£15 from audi) no more annoying rattle!

I reakon it's a reason for me to get some nice new powerflex bushes all round then lol. Cheers for the reply mate

Keiran

Drop links, ball joints, steering rack, etc... it could be anything you are going to have to narrow it down
similar prob with mine, replaced both lower wish bones and ball joints, has made some change but still faint knock.
£100 for both side fitted though carnt grumble, and they were shagged totally.....