S3 - Reverting back to Standard...

Ade_D

Reaction score
Website
www.pixworld.co.uk
I've found the car i want and have put a deposit down on it (a 2002 330CI Sport Convertible - waiting for the boo hiss from the anti-BMW brigade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) and i'm PX'ing mine in for it....
Due to this i'm reverting the car back to standard so i'll have quite a few bits becoming avaliable soon, all of which will be appearing in the trading section.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tonight is the 1st night of operation strip down - starting with the Brembo's... The parts i'm going to have for sale in due course will be....

Brembo Big Brake conversion (2 months old).
19" BBS CH Alloys (4 months old) Tyres are (ahem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) no use though as they're right on the legal limit.
15mm (rear) & 10mm (Front) AmD spacers.
Genuine S3 Aluminium Mirror covers.
Forge Dump Valve.
K&N Induction Kit.
& possibly a black leather centre arm rest (not sure about this one, will i need to get a cover when i remove it i.e will it leave a gaping hole?)

Suspension & Exhaust has to stay i'm afraid as i no longer have the standard kit...

Let the bidding war begin..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Ade

Please give us a price for the wing mirrors been looking for a good set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Boo hiissss.

Nice choice of new car though Ade.

Good luck mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

good move ade... I'm thinking of ditching the S3 for something else either bmw or lexus for reliability, let me know how you get on with the ownership experience!

I'm just worried that when when I get my car back finally I won't want to sell it... ah well we'll see!

Thanks Guys, PM's return to all those that PM'd me...

I can tell you what the ownership experience is like - Fantastic... This will be the 4th BM that i've owned (the last one being a 325CI Sport on a 52 plate) and i think that say's it all.... The same can be said for Lexus, a mate of mine has a Lexus i would probably go as far to say that they are slightly ahead of BMW on customer service.... (he recently complained about some small corrosion on his alloy wheel on his IS200 and even though it's out of warranty they replaced all 4!, Can you see Audi doing that?)

On a scale of 1 - 10 of my experience of Audi, BMW & Lexus i would put

1 - Lexus
2 - BMW
-
-
-
10 - Audi......

I can't wait now, the frustrating part is waiting for DVLA to change the numberplate over, been told it will take 7 - 10 days...

Ade

Ade, let me know how much for the arm rest! Don't worry about removing it, there is a rubber sleave available that fits in this space to cover the hole.

Let me know
Cheers
Rich.

Ade you have PM.

Can you let me know about the Brembos if you still have them by any chance?

Cheers,

B

Looks like a lot of people want the Brembo's shame there is only one set LOL

Bidding war I think going lads places yours bids. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

To all that i've yet to reply to, i will get to it, i promise, tralling through them now.... (I've never been so popular LOL)

I'm holding back until i actually have the BM in my hands before i part with them just in case anything goes wrong..I know it's unlikely but you never know..... I'll update you all later as i'm off to sign the paperwork today.....

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a lot of people want the Brembo's shame there is only one set LOL

Bidding war I think going lads places yours bids. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone want a set of knackered Brembo's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Only kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hi All,

I've given velcro 1st refusal on the spacers as he was due to buy my wheels of me before they got stolen. He's yet to get back to me so i don't know if they're gone as of yet.

The Mirrors & the K&N are also gone i'm afraid..

I didn't get round to removing the armrest so i don't have that..

remaining are the Wheels, Brakes & the Dump Valve. Due to the massive demand for the brakes & wheels i think it's only fair that i put them on ebay..this way everyone gets a chance rather than 1st come 1st serve...

Apologies to all those that PM's me that i havn't got round to replying to, i didn't expect the HUGE respose that i got... Phew!

I'll post the link up for ebay tomorrow...

Ade

if you've still got the mirrrors i'll give you £250 for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks for the mirrors and K&N Ade,
il post some pics tomorrow.

should of just striped the car down and sell each part, u'd probably get a lot more for em, lol

[ QUOTE ]
should of just striped the car down and sell each part, u'd probably get a lot more for em, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what he has done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

just wish id got to you earlier ADe then we could have met at a kwik fit and swopped the miltek and suspension over. oh well