Gops' Subtle mod thread

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
IM GOING BT GUYS!!!!!!

Well.... not really.. But i am doing a few things to the car which i thought id share! Im not looking to go stage 2 this year but i have ordered (or waiting) on a few things for the car..

I'll start off with whats already been done to the car..
  • Full Bilstein B8's and H&R dampers and springs
  • Neuspeed ARB's front and rears
  • Adjustable rear tie arms
  • Custom code stage 1 remap
  • Forge TIP
First thing i wanted was a B5 TIP as i feel left out (that and karl teased me at xmas as he had one and i didnt) so as soon as Bill gets more in stock then im down to get one!! I also thought id get the car checked from him as my head seems to think the car isnt as quick as it used to be so just to be sure...

Second thing i wanted seeing as many of you have them already are some brembo's! Ive looked everywhere for some lcr brembo's and they seem to be so expensive!!! Luckily ive managed to get a Brembo GT kit with discs ferodo DS2500 pads and braided lines for £450! they've had 5k through them but are in good nick! Im picking them up on sunday with S3 Rav so that should be nice! The only thing is that they have a little scuff on them:

09042012096.jpg

09042012097.jpg

Anyone know a good refurbish company for these in the midlands?

Also Just ordered some TFSI coils from awesome GTI for £77 which has been dispatched! So to those who ordered them a while back, check your emails as yours might be on their way!

Also (thanks to tufty and trups) ordered some LED lighting which im waiting to be delivered! Cant wait to fit them! Also got some Porsche oil and coolant caps (thanks to ScottB5) which should be through hopefully soon!

Car is also due for a nice little detail soon as i have 2 weeks off in may/june but needs a front and rear bumper respray and a few dents taken out inc a MONSTER dent on the passengers side door.

I'll add some pics of everything else when it all arrives but i think thats enough for now lol! Its a nice few upgrades to the car and alot of money spent! I havnt even mentioned the car has had 4 brand new Michelin PS3's fitted a few weeks back to!

That should keep me happy for a few months!

Thanks for reading and hopefully upload a few more pics soon

Gops

Last edited:
You got too much money gops think you should give me some!!

Lol I'm poor! We all know Shash is the one with the money!!

Gops let me knw where and when you are getting your bumpers done as I need to get my front one too, we can get a buy 2 get 1 free, obviously mine being the free one....lol

Lol! I'll be getting it done from a guy next door to me. Does good work as ive seen it before.. I'll just get my mum to make a curry and i'll get some good discount lol!

Oh really, well I'll be down for that and the curry too!

Lol, on a serious note, is his work good and if so, can you get me a price for my front bumper please?

Thanks bro.xxx

Nilz I've heard of brotherly love and all that but 3 kisses lol!!!

I want some brembos :(
Need a map first like but that's besides the point!

£450 sounds like a good price all in, more pics the better ;)

Gops, I can safely say you will love the Brembo's especially with the DS2500's. So glad to have them fitted again after a year of Brembo pads, which do the job well but the DS2500's are simply awesome! If you like to brake late like I do, they will amaze you and scare the crap out of your passengers. :)

What can be said about the V2 Tip that hasn't already been said, mine was installed just under two weeks ago and I ****** love it man!!!

...I also fitted the LED interior lights yesterday, even though I took Tuffty's advice to be gentle I still managed to **** up my drivers side sun visor light as the clip got caught and now doesn't sit flush :wacko:. The OEM map lights disintegrated in my hand as I tried to remove them and the puddle lights are also a tight fit so go easy with them.

Keep up the good work.

Rav you're just jealous, but you are tied up now, so none coming your way!!

Oh actually....im in a good mood, here you go XXX ( big ones as well) ;)

Oh really, well I'll be down for that and the curry too!

Lol, on a serious note, is his work good and if so, can you get me a price for my front bumper please?

Thanks bro.xxx

What I'll do is get mine done and show it you, if you like it then I'll tell him you'll get it done too. He's a sound chap too! Oh and loving the bromance. Xxx

I want some brembos :(
Need a map first like but that's besides the point!

£450 sounds like a good price all in, more pics the better ;)

get some! I watched like a hawk for these! Hard to get a decent pair cheap. I looked at Porsche calipers too! Remap is must!

Gops, I can safely say you will love the Brembo's especially with the DS2500's. So glad to have them fitted again after a year of Brembo pads, which do the job well but the DS2500's are simply awesome! If you like to brake late like I do, they will amaze you and scare the crap out of your passengers. :)

What can be said about the V2 Tip that hasn't already been said, mine was installed just under two weeks ago and I ****** love it man!!!

...I also fitted the LED interior lights yesterday, even though I took Tuffty's advice to be gentle I still managed to **** up my drivers side sun visor light as the clip got caught and now doesn't sit flush :wacko:. The OEM map lights disintegrated in my hand as I tried to remove them and the puddle lights are also a tight fit so go easy with them.

Keep up the good work.

Haha I can't wait now! I love late braking! Luckily the pads come with it! I'll take more pics when I manage to get them, got quite a few!
Ive got the LED lights at home but away in Sheffield at the moment so can't wait to get home and fit those badboys!

Cool Gops, let me know when you do get yours done

Cheers
Nilz

I'll ask him on a price when i get back home for you nilzy :)

Bit of an update also, i have news that i recieved 2 packages! Cant wait to see them :)

Dug up some pics of the car...

Have also recieved my Coilpacks and LED'S through the post and will take pics when i fit them! Hope you guys like!

Gops

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gizmo20VT
Rightiooooo A little update to what ive been doing! As many of you know I had a juddering problem at full throttle which turned out to be my coilpacks! So i threw the old ones away and fitted my TFSI ones that came through the post and with my LED lights!:

photo20.jpg

photo19.jpg

At that time however i didn't have any adaptors but my dad decided he does love me and made me these!!

First time he made them and they fit perfectly! Heres a test piece i tried a few days ago:

photo21.jpg

but before i could do that i needed to do the N249 bypass so i ordered some black pipes and 2 T pieces (just incase something breaks!) and followed Welly's 'How to' guide which was really good (thanks mate!)! Although i did bust my N112 nipple but thats what the 2nd T piece was for! :) Anyways after a good soaking in the rain and some hard work later, i managed to pop on my coilpacks and adaptors:

photo17.jpg

Happy chappy me! I went for a test drive and as the car is still on its original DV it still feels a tad sharper and abit more happy! The pipe going to the FPR was shot so i changed that too and feels alot smoother! Also got my brembo's fitted! they surely do work (Nilz can confirm that lol)

photo8-1.jpg

ANDDDD it doesnt stop there! Also have my Badger 5 that come through the post with my 007p with a yellow spring! :) Getting that fitted on the 11th by bill and cant wait!! Feel like a kid waiting to go toys R us!!

Big thanks to Badger 5 for the quick delivery and Awesome GTI for hooking me up with the DV! Also Welly for the guide he put up a while back, worked a treat! More from me when i have my B5 fitted :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to admit, the lights looked amazing in your car yesterday and oh yes.....the brakes defo work!!!

Looking mint gops.

Rekon your dad can knock me up a set of those adaptors? Tell him ill love him long time haha :).

Nice progress. I like what you have done so far.
I am after the Brembo upgrade, yours look in mint condition.
You won't be disappointed with the Badger 5 TIP. I recently had it done and immedaitely noticed the difference straight away.

Thanks guys! I'm not sure of hell make more but I'll try and find out - especially for you dani! He'll prob adopt you!
The brakes are amazing! Work well like nilz has experienced lol! Defo the 2nd best mod ive bought! Badger 5 being the best but it's doting there teasing me! Can't wait to get it fitted!!!

Always got room for another sugar daddy mate :) lmao.

So youd recommenee the brakes then mate? I need some new ones, did some high speed testing last night and this morning the brakes were shocking.

Gops is there alot of differance in the brembos for stock then stupid question but iv already got the LCR brembos running with standered LCR discs and pads and dot 5.1 brake fluid and they dont seem any better than standered to me lol would it be a case of new ds2500 pads and brembo max discs and all that would change

Haha dani! Yeah defo recommend the brakes, Really make the best difference. Fills me alot more confidence that it'll stop better and more consistently than before as The DS2500 pads are very good for that. on standard discs will be as good as the discs don't really make much of the difference but I'd say get some DS2500 pads S3gazz as you'll see the biggest difference that way. Best safety mod I've done!

When bedding them in be wary of lots of bits Gops on your alloys as they are a mare to get off

Cheers for the heads up Jason! :thumbsup: they were about 40% worm but I still bedded them in again.. I sealed my wheels but I'll clean them regularly!

Come down mine well get some blackfire metal sealant on them!