Gops' Subtle mod thread

Oh jesus, before you know it, it'll be in for rods with you bill LOL! Rods, uprated bearings, some good honing, new everything, AGU head fully rebuilt with supertech valves and springs, cams, badger 5 custom inlet mani, k04-64 with all the custom stuff with it, WMI, wideband conversion (so I can have ALS)... see what you got me into now!?! Saving money now.

Haha I feel like doing it so badly but I'd of used my savings if I did!

Just read the entire thread... damn you and your torque talk. Bill I need to come to yours and sort a few things on the car (thing the exhaust is shot and what Gops has got sounds perfect!).

Also, I need some hot food and pakora!

Gops, have been meaning to message you, but last time when we were in Cov at the meet and you blasted past us on the way home, the car sounded ROARSOME!!!

The car does sound great. And after our joint detailing sessions before we both had different weddings to go to on Sunday the car looked great too!!

Well today has been eventful!! Went out and tried to follow an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S! Sounds awesome until my car lost all power! At first I thought it was the maf, so got another one from GSF ( genuine one) but no good! Finally after bill sent me many many messages helping me, I found it was the turbo outlet pipe! It had just burst!! Here's some pics:

It was a creation motorsports outlet pipe so stay away from them! I've learnt my lesson and sticking to OEM! I have to say thank you to bill! He helped me so much! Anything i can do for you, just ask :) and thanks to Niki as well for offering me a maf when I thought mine was shot! That was a very kind gesture!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: badger5
Yeah should of bought a forge one in the first place! I should of bought yours off you!! But I still have the OEM one so just popped that back on. Actually feels better lol!

I'm gonna try and get my money back from CM! Cheap craps!

Well I've been tinkering more with the car! Changes the actuator to a Black widow turbo's actuator:
View attachment 16998

I gave her a service, most pipes are silicone! Now bills got it for an exhaust and custom map! Will see what happens when it's all done! Last time It dyno'd at 251bhp 270lb ft. I'm not really chasing numbers, as long as the car is healthy, I'm happy :)

Yea its probally photobucket bud no picture there

Here it is..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 355
Thanks for that mate , and this is the black widow one from dan .?

Yep! That's the one dan sent me! Lovely bit of kit that changed the whole car!

Haha was that on Tuesday? I had to go for a MOT and forgot to warm the cat up! ;) where was you?

Joe - it's either full throttle or no throttle ;)

And yeah Nick this actuator made a mile of difference! Couple that and the way bill mapped it, its really pokey! But it'll soon be changed once I see the outcome of your beast! :)

Lol next time ill slow down and wave! ;)

Reactions: johnnythepie
LOL....****** boy racers!!! ;)

Gops how did you get on with Creations???

That's not fair Gops, its almost as bad as Jojo's guess whats in my box thread :(

Haha., ok another teaser.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385750242117555

Reactions: jojo and <tuffty/>
it's a solid plate, so it'll be a stock DMF and pressure plate and a sachs drive plate al-la tuffty setup :)

Reactions: Gops
it's a solid plate, so it'll be a stock DMF and pressure plate and a sachs drive plate al-la tuffty setup :)

Yes!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385754541014270
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385754549730303

Full engine rebuild with Andrews lovely work..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385754646697290

Of course full supertech valve train from our dearest bill! Can't thank him enough! Also have some AGU pistons going in! Don't have pics of them but I do have pics of the turbo!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385754987272617

BBT baby hybrid in action! Should all be going in next week! Really looking forward to it! :)

Reactions: chaz20vt and s3dave
Wish this was me now :(
I have to wait untill the new year
Cant wait to see your results mate..

Question Mr G, what downpipe have you got? if its relentless port it, honestly you will see a big improvement, you will see a definitive soot ring when you took the old turbo off....that is your brick wall...3" my *** more like 2.75

Haha definitely! Fifth gear when my car was "standard" lol! But lets hope the build goes smoothly, have lots to test one being Andrews haldex mod which I will be taking pics on Monday for! The cars done 192k on its original turbo, almost 60k on its current clutch, 10k being on stage 2 and it's been perfect! I have another gearbox going in as this one was abit loose feeling.. Also have a new haldex going in as mine isn't the best atm, fronts keep spinning and the fluid won't drain! Must be blocked up but I'm going to dissect the old one to see what's inside, the kind of wear its had and if I can mod it :cool:

Doing a great job Gops! Really looking forward to seeing what you get out of this build!

looks like this is going from being a super nice and slick decent st2 car, to something that's going to be really quite super bad-*** instead!

Very much looking forward to this Gops, being done properly for sure!