Images?? 5 door??

SPORT BACK SI

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this site, only had my Audi a couple of months, it's a 1.9 tdi 130 bhp sport 5 door. Was thinking of going down the route of putting some oem wheels on it and coil overs, anybody got any pics of 5 door A3's with this look?? Cheers. If anybody got any ideas/links to anything then let me know. thanks si.

Reactions: BlackMirror
Do you have an 8L or an 8P A3? as your user name is sport back I am guessing an 8P... in which case this is the wrong forum my friend :)

I can move the thread if you have an 8P to the right forum...

<tuffty/>

hi sorry it,s an 2002 8L not a 8P. sport back just sounded better than 5 door can change user name if people dont like it thanks for quick reply.

All good mate... first post and 'sport back' as a username... we get a lot of first timers with 8P's post in good ol' 8L... there are loads of pics of 8L's in the aptly named 'Post pics of your A3/S3' thread in the stickies above... may be a trawl but there will be lots of stuff in there that may take your fancy..

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty had alook at post pics of a3/s3 got throw about 60 pages will keep looking throw them thanks. had alook at REESY'S thread his started out same as mine excepet mine's silver as for rim's thinking of trying some 18"merc clk rims tomorrow as got some laying around at work all so got some 17" porsche caymen rims to. i tryed some 19" dished 5 spokes that came of mk5 golf but didnt fit as i didnt know stud patten was diffrent could put adapters on but wheels are already 9x19 so would prob b 10 wide and rub like ###k but really like them dont want bbs style rim has every man and his dog has them any more info would b big help will try and get some pics up .

Mine will be on coulovers by tonight and is a 5 door. Will put some pics on the thread tonight

thank's dude pic's will be cool how low are you going? what size rim's you got thank's si.:icon_thumright:

anyone got any image's of 5 door a3 8L been through the post pic's here thread did about 90 page's still finding it hard to some any help well appreciated thanks si:slapped:

This was my five door 1.8TQ but after I took my TT wheels off just before I sold it :sob:. Standard springs, just professionally referbed TT wheels on it. I have some more pics of the car including the S3 exhasust system I fitted if you wanted more:thumbsup:.
6816511278_d1a5f6b7d4_b.jpg
Here is my only photo with the 17" Ronal TT wheels on it. This was taken while the car was having some minor spray work done.
6926094620_1c2757d0d4_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to be hugely rude here, and say, on the whole, 4 door A3's look ****.

However, if done right, they can look REALLY nice. I had a mate with one and for years we joked about how crap it looked, yet a set of fairly generic RS6 rims and coilovers transformed it, and it ended up looking REALLY good! I'll try and find some pics :)

I tend to agree they look worse to start with but/ however alot of work... Alota alota work and they can look better than 3 doors :)

Yeah I agree but need 5 doors would b nice to see one decked on rs6 rims. Just wondering would a s3front bumper fit as I dont know if s3,s have wider wings? Thought it may make it look abit better.?

I did look into an S3 bumper on mine, it is the same mounting points as an a3, I have seen S3 bumpers on A3s parked up and driving around, the S3 sides of the bumper sticks out a bit, but not much more than standard, you should get away with it, one of the members did and S3 front and back bumper on his 5 door if you wanted to look though all the pages of photos, looked really good. I think front S3 wings will also fit a 5 door, but I think it would look odd with wide arches on the front and standard arches on the back. Five door was a good choice, may not look as good as a 3 door, but they are massively practical. You would need the S3 grill to go onto the the S3 bumper as they are different sizes and you can also but an s3 spoiler on the tailgate too. Does it have the facelift projector lights in? The look really nice with an HID kit in. Mine also looked better with the S3 exhaust system on the back too. At the end of the day it is down to how much money you want to put into the car, in the end I looked at what it would cost to do all the mods like leather, RNS-E nav unit and then getting it set up on a rolling road and ended up getting £3K back on my A3 and adding £2k to upgrade to a 2005 B7 A4 with bi-xenon lights, leather and RNS-E unit.

anyone got any image's of 5 door a3 8L been through the post pic's here thread did about 90 page's still finding it hard to some any help well appreciated thanks si:slapped:
It may be a decade later...but that's Audi...they're timeless just like cracklines on my lens screen.....! Yes it Is the evil dinosaur juice drinking Diesel Version But I have remedy this by using latest vnt turbo charger gtd1756vrk knocking on door of 250bhp/400nm....sPOoling hard from. 1900rpm...plus 45+mpg mixed fun/dull driving..I've had loads a3 platform/engine guises and other than the 5pot ( old or new) id take this anyday...hater?s

Attachments

• 1645751007394.jpg
    1645751007394.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 53