Badger5Monster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

S3 actuator needed!

Hey all, went to badger 5 this weekend to have a stage one done only to find that my car was down on power
    Bill and tufty went over the engine and believe it could be a weak actuator, does anyone know where I can get another actuator from? I'm struggling to find one on its own without a turbo.

Many thanks to Bill and tufty, they are both very knowledgeable guys and I'd highly recommend them!
    2002 s3 silver, BAM, lcr Brembos ds2500 pads, Braided hoses, forge 008 dv, stack boost gauge, power flex dog bone bush/wishbone bushes, forge boost hoses, B5 tip, B5 remap, toyo fmic

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Not to turn this into a for sale ad but I will be selling my forge actuator if you want to upgrade from a stock one.

If you are looking for new, stores like Awesome GTI sell forge ones.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    AUDI S3 TT CUPRA R 225 BHP APY APX BAM 1.8T 20V 023 K04 TURBO ACTUATOR | eBay

No idea if it will be any better tbh...

Have you rang CR Turbos or Turbo Dynamics to see if they can supply you with one?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    Rang a few turbo people near me but didn't sell separate bits, I'll give cr turbo a bell soon.
    That actuator on eBay must have only just gone on there, might be worth a go for the price.
    I didn't think the forge actuators were much good, plus ain't they 1 bar rated, not sure if that's any good or not?
    2002 s3 silver, BAM, lcr Brembos ds2500 pads, Braided hoses, forge 008 dv, stack boost gauge, power flex dog bone bush/wishbone bushes, forge boost hoses, B5 tip, B5 remap, toyo fmic

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwdan80 View Post
    Rang a few turbo people near me but didn't sell separate bits, I'll give cr turbo a bell soon.
    That actuator on eBay must have only just gone on there, might be worth a go for the price.
    I didn't think the forge actuators were much good, plus ain't they 1 bar rated, not sure if that's any good or not?
    Currently Forge actuators have very short travel and the plastic bush can get sticky giving erratic boost control... an OEM one would be my preference...

Std rating for a k04 actuator is 0.5bar... I would be looking for one rated at this... std boost on an S3 is 0.8bar... too high an actuator rating on a small turbo will make the boost control difficult...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

4th Gear

Status
    Hope this helps mate

U could email him and make offer failing that I still have my ko3 turbo at home if the actuator fits your u can have it mate !
    p

THE BLUE BEAST, TAKEN FROM ME, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    RTECH STAGE 2 REMAP NOW RUNNING 223 BHP AND 253 FTLB OF TORQUE,
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE SOON TO BE RUNNING 340 BHP
    ANTI LAG/LAUNCH CONTROL/MAF LESS/ LOVE IT !!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Customboy View Post
    Hope this helps mate

U could email him and make offer...
    Thread skim read fail

Quote Originally Posted by Customboy View Post
    ...failing that I still have my ko3 turbo at home if the actuator fits your u can have it mate !
    Won't fit sadly... bracket is different, and k0x OEM actuators are fixed to the brackets...

<tuffty/>

6th Gear

Status
    I have one literally kicking around at home.. I believe it's good, came off a working K04.. it's stock. Pm if you're interested.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the help and offers beechbuggy and Bob but I've managed to get the eBay one for £25 delivered which is worth a go, so fingers crossed it works and helps with my boost issues!