Screen Washer cap upgrade - any ideas?

Jimgrim77

Reaction score
When I now look at my engine bay, I'm drawn to the unsightly blue plastic screen washer Cover and I would like to replace it but I don't know what with. This hasn't been helped by Scott's recent provision of Porsche Covers for the others.

Does anyone have any ideas of something better?

I've been thinking about the same thing bud.

Spraying it black might be the best bet as I haven't seen many other options.

I've been thinking about the same thing bud.

Spraying it black might be the best bet as I haven't seen many other options.

Thats not a bad shout at all. The blue looks awful.

When I get my *** in gear I'm going to buy some Plastic dip and paint all over caps black.

I have looked for different colour caps but no luck yet.
I did find a guy selling a black plastic washer cap on TDI Club but can't find where he bought it from.

Does any one or know any one who works at a plastic factory that could make some black caps for us?

I sprayed mine black. But because the plastic bends when you open and close it, the paint just cracks and peels off. So I ended up removing the paint and leaving it blue.

Nice one Dave, was looking good until I noticed the prices.:scared2:

...there is no way I'm paying $69 for a cap

I've found something.

IMG_20120227_125123.jpg

More info coming soon.

I've found something.

IMG_20120227_125123.jpg

More info coming soon.

Spot on!...If you can source Scott....I'm down with that.

Paint will crack. Needs to be black plastic really.

Thanks Dave but agree with Scott, with the Porsche caps...that'll be a little to bling. I don't really want to be drawing attention to it really.

Spot on!...If you can source Scott....I'm down with that.

Paint will crack. Needs to be black plastic really.

Thanks Dave but agree with Scott, with the Porsche caps...that'll be a little to bling. I don't really want to be drawing attention to it really.

I'm on it mate.
I can't do much at the moment as everything is shut but I'll start phoning round next week and let you know.

Need to source Power steering and brake fluid cap.
Then got a complete set.

I'm on it mate.
I can't do much at the moment as everything is shut but I'll start phoning round next week and let you know.

Need to source Power steering and brake fluid cap.
Then got a complete set.

Agreed. Thanks

Power steering I think.

You'll have to post your findings.

Dip Stick.

Let me get some testing and more research done and I'll get the details up.
Need to wait for some mates to get back to work to help me double check my findings.
I will let you all know soon as I can.

Isn't the power steering cap underneath the plastic trim? I have recently, as in 2 days ago painted my blue washer cap, cracked at the bend already, needs to be black plastic.

Dan

Slowly mate. lol

I found the black cap for the washer bottle but they wanted £50 delivery. lol

I'm still working on it mate.

£50!!! ...porshe caps were like £20 odd. having a bubble bath! nice work though/ thanks

I'm admitting defeat here people.

The black cap is from an R8 (Part No# 400955277 bout £3) but the R8s cap is smaller than our models.
The only models it will fit thats made in the late 90s, early 2000s is the TTs, R8s and A8s.

I'll keep looking for us.
I'm still waiting to hear back bout the brake cap and still looking for power steering cap.