Engine problem, Advice please

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
i drove down to see my uncle a couple of weeks ago and my car felt like it had no power. it was boosting 1 bar no problem but it was like sombody was turning a top off for the petrol lol. anyway the next day i cleaned my maf and did a full service inc spark plugs and ive been driving it all week but only about 10 mile a day no problem but i went over to see my uncle again last night and it started doing the same thing again. my uncle lives 25 mile away so only seems to do it on longer journeys. Ive also noticed it doesnt start up in a morning very well either. Ive pluged it into vag com and have this fault code:
1 Fault Found:

00561 - Mixture Adaptation

14-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

Any help most apreciated

00561 - Ross-Tech Wiki

00561 - Mixture Adaptation: Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded
Possible Symptoms

Engine Jolting
Increased Fuel Consumption
Poor Idling/Jolting
Reduced Boost Pressure

Possible Causes

Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) faulty
Fuel Pressure too Low
Leaks in Intake Air System and/or Exhaust System
Injector(s) faulty (i.e. coked)

Possible Solutions

Refuel Vehicle
Check Fuel System Pressure
Check Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
Check Intake Air System and Exhaust System for Leaks
Check Injection Quantity
Check Injector(s)

Low reading MAF or intake leak (rather than boost leak)... intake leak will be sucking more air in and the adaption is adding fuel to keep the mixture right on cruise/idle (narrow band lambda on AGU)

<tuffty/>

My uncles old rover used to somthing similar to this, only on long journeys too. His turned out to be a blocked fuel filter that was slowly contracting the further down the road he drove until the car stalked due to lack of fuel, a coupple of mins with the engine off all would start n run fine again

Might not be the same cause but might be worth a look

Try a ultrasonic clean, change filter and if that hadn't cured it then go for a new maf!

Thanks for the replies. Ive checked the fpr and its spotless. One thing ive never got round to doing is change the fuel filter so ill start with that i think. Ive been gathering parts for my k04 conversion and i have a vr6 maf Can i swap the sensor part over for the time being or will it read different?

Sensor should just swap straight over. It's the diameter of the housing that makes it read differently, sensors are the same.

Hello!
you have the problem of "mixture adaptation" solved?
I'm having the same problem on my A4 1.8T AEB