Quick question about my k04 conversion

Customboy

Reaction score
hi there everyone hope you are all having a good easter just wanted to post a thread to ask a few questions, right as most of you know
im now going down the k04 turbo conversion and i have got the following bits:

K04-023 turbo off bam engine covered on 44k no play or problems anywhere
K04 Turbo lines and feeds
K04 Manifold
k04 downpipe
VR6 Maf
255 Fuel Pump

im on the hunt for a set of injectors and am looking for a decat pipe as i cant use my setup i have now, and soon will buy a badger5 tip.

my question to you guys is im looking to get a good reliable 270-280 bhp can the standard downpipe be ok with this or would i have to change it and same question for the manifold, i only ask as i have seen the xs power ones and not sure if i really need it as i have already spent a small fortune on the car and dont want costs to go out the window, and is there anything else i might need or have missed out any info would be great and thanks for looking and reading.

customboy :)

Xs manifold is good addition but not needed for your needs. Save it for when you want more power:)

Do you have a Quattro as the s3 downpipe won't fit an a3 without serious modification! I would suggest you follow Prawns line and fit an s3 downpipe and decat/cat and fit it to your existing manifold.

How you fitting the turbo to the existing intercooler?

Hi beachbuggy my car isn't a Quattro just a simple agu I got the standard s3 downpipe and manifold and will see how it will fit to my forge fmic I got loads of spare pipes and silicon hoses lying around, can the ko4 fit ok to my standard agu manifold? I was also thinking about getting a custom downpipe mate and decat to my current exhaust system, I'm not looking for really big power just a good useable 270-280 bhp and now on the hunt for injectors and not sure if I need a 4 bar fuel regulator?

S3 downpipe won't fit agu exhaust. K04 won't fit agu exhaust manifold. You'll need to fit the k04 exhaust manifold and get a custom downpipe made or like I say have a look at prawns thread but I think he used the xs dp and decat.

Injector wise have a look on golfgtiforum sure someone was selling some Bosch red tops . No need for 4 bar fpr. Right injectors @ 3 bar will be fine and save killing your fuel pump.

Read Prawns thread... everything has been done there mate...

<tuffty/>

I could but for the benefit of others I would use the search function, search on threads for user 'Prawn' and you will find from there... its how I would get the link to post here...

Everyday is a school day :D

<tuffty/>

first-spoon-feedMVT.jpg

I have a spare set of S3 injectors, if you need them drop me a message

s3 injectors wont fit on the agu fuel rail without spacers but just sorted out a set mate thanks for the offer and beachbuggy ur inbox is full im trying to contact you mate

Cleared , sorry. Money received just pm your address and I'll get them packaged up and ready.