1.8t Overboost problems!

marrick92

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 1.8t AGU, had a new K03s fitted the other day now every time i go over 4000rpm or put my foot down it jurks like mad!

Plugged in the VagCom and it threw out:
00544 - Maximum Boost Pressure Exceeded
35-10 - - - Intermittent
I dont think the n75 is to blaim, it wasnt doing it before i had the new turbo fitted.. could it be a badly adjusted actuator from the factory? if so has anyone got a idea on how to adjust this properly and safely?

I always used to get that fault but never the jerkyness.what's the mileage of the ko3s,maybe you need a new atuator.

You sure actuator actually opens? Is the pipe connected?

not been mapped, im pretty sure its a replica from ebay but it has a years warrenty which is why i got it.
All the hoses are connected properly, i plugged a foot pump into the hose that comes from the actuator and it does open and close but im not sure what PSI its meant to open at?

thanks for the help :)

and is it worth trying to put the old actuator from my standard K03 on to see if that works?

Just to bring a close to this thread for anyone who may have this problem in the future.. It was fixed by winding down the actuator by 3 full turns of the bolt. It ends up it came from the factory with the actuator set to overboost...

Just to bring a close to this thread for anyone who may have this problem in the future.. It was fixed by winding down the actuator by 3 full turns of the bolt. It ends up it came from the factory with the actuator set to overboost...

My car is doing exactly this! Just had a brand new genuine kkk actuator fitted to my ko3. If I get up to around 4,500 revs and sit there, then put my foot down it just will not rev out! By that I mean it simple wont rev past 4,500. However, if I boot it right from the bottom at 1,000 rpm all the way to the redline, it works perfectly!

I will adjust the actuator as you say and see if it fixes it!