Interior LED pack for 8L S3/A3

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.tuffty.co.uk
I had a chat with trups (EM Tuning) as I have always wanted to replace the interior lights with LEDs and there seems to be so many types of LED bulb out there that I just couldn't be ***** to sit down and sort it... thankfully trups could be ***** and after letting him know what bulbs were currently in the car he sorted a kit out for me...

The kit arrived promptly (he sent them out Tuesday and they turned up the following day)... the kit consisted of LEDs to replace the following...
Front interior lights, front map lights, visor vanity mirror lights, glovebox light, rear interior map lights, boot lights, door puddle lights and door red warning lights...
CRW_4425.jpg

CRW_4429.jpg

the LEDs were labelled up appropriately to make it a no brainer as to which bulb was for what light...
CRW_4431.jpg

started off by changing the rear map lights...
CRW_4433.jpg

...the difference is fairly obvious...
CRW_4432.jpg

then did the front interior light cluster... before...
CRW_4427.jpg

...festoons replaced...
CRW_4434.jpg

....map lights replaced...
CRW_4435.jpg

....bit of a difference between the LEDs and good ol' fashioned bulbs...
CRW_4438.jpg

On to the door lights... my S3 has red door warning lights and white puddle lights so... out with the old bulbs..
CRW_4440.jpg

Had a few probs sliding the LEDs in so had to tweak the bulb holder contacts a bit with small needle nose pliers to get it to slide in ok...
CRW_4442.jpg

...there was also a small issue with the fly lead 501 connector on the LED as it would fit the contacts very well... this may well be down to the design of the bulb holder so out came the pliers again for a bit of tweaking and I also placed a bit of insulating tape on the back of the LED as it was close enough the the contacts for me to feel uncomfortable about it...
CRW_4443.jpg

The result...
CRW_4444.jpg

Same process for the puddle lamp... before...
CRW_4445.jpg

...after...
CRW_4447.jpg

After doing both doors I then fitted the vanity mirror light bulbs... they are a bit of a ****** to get out as the metal clip can get caught up so be careful...
CRW_4450.jpg

Before...
CRW_4448.jpg

...after...
CRW_4451.jpg

Next the glove box LED...
CRW_4452.jpg

...and finally the boot lights...
CRW_4453.jpg

Before...
CRW_4454.jpg

...after...
CRW_4456.jpg

All the lights work as the factory ones do so can be turned on/off and fade on and off with unlocking/locking the doors etc... they are very bright indeed and make a big difference internally so result :D

Big thanks again to trups for sorting this so quickly and completely... great service... I am not posting prices up here but suggest if you are looking to do this then head over to EM Tuning and ask trups what he can do for you :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Roadtrain, sssline, Tuddie and 2 others
nice one cheers tuffty i was after doing this at some point, will be sooner than later now lol

My prefacelift only has half the number of bulbs! lol

Thats a fair point... the easiest way to do it tbh is just tell the man which bits you do or don't want in the kit... the one I had is pretty comprehensive and covers pretty much every incandescent bulb inside the car... I would like to do the sidelights and foglights next :D

<tuffty/>

Paul

How did you do the vanity mirror lights, I did mine a while ago, but since changing the bulbs, the housing hangs off, I cant get them to clip back in!!!

Paul

How did you do the vanity mirror lights, I did mine a while ago, but since changing the bulbs, the housing hangs off, I cant get them to clip back in!!!

I managed to ****** up the drivers side initially... worked out how to get them out and straightened the metal retaining clip... I'll get a pic later...

<tuffty/>

They make a hell of a difference. Great mod, well done!

Been tempted to add matching footwell lights in the crystal white shade for the modern car look too.

It looks awesome Tufty, I've done the same but only done the interior lights so far and the side lights...need to do the door and boot next. Makes a massive difference to the look of the inside.

​Paul, car looks great. What a difference a few bulbs make to the interior. :)

Hi All,

i can do the kits out for you all, or even bulbs that you dont have.

maybe a group buy but i gave a fairly good discount to tuftty, this was tuftty's bill..

front and rear map lights - £10 - 5 led
front dome lights - £7.50 - 4 led
sunvisor lamps - £6 - 2 led
boot lights - £7 - 3 led
puddle lights - £8 - 4 led custom panel
red warning lamps - £8 - 4 led custom panel
glove box bulb - £2.50 - 2 led

total is £49.00

i will do this kit for £39 posted to UK or NI.

the 4 led bulb for the main dome light is perfect, if you need to go brighter then i can do a 6 led bulb for an extra £1.

Thanks

6 is too bright, had that in my fiesta, was brighter then the street lamps! How do I buy this kit then? Website or pm?

LOL ok, take it you wont be lighting up the street for the local council then?

are your lamps the same as listed?

you can order by sending £39 to paypal, when making paypent make sure your postal address is there so i can pack them up without delay.

Thanks
Trups

Haha I should charge the council for my street lighting duties! Although they would call it an asbo! What address do I send it to trups? As a gift, or payment?

Ive got all of them!? Why Havnt you?

LOL, I made a thread on it somewhere that there was differences between 1999/2000 APY S3's, analogue clock on the dash has less lights, your digital clock means you have facelift interior lights, but still prefacelift exterior and dashboard.

The best of the lot then ey joe :p dont worry! Pre-facelift crew representin'!! I've got a few cheeky mods that I'm due to get for the car now ;)

Hi All,

i can do the kits out for you all, or even bulbs that you dont have.

maybe a group buy but i gave a fairly good discount to tuftty, this was tuftty's bill..

front and rear map lights - £10 - 5 led
front dome lights - £7.50 - 4 led
sunvisor lamps - £6 - 2 led
boot lights - £7 - 3 led
puddle lights - £8 - 4 led custom panel
red warning lamps - £8 - 4 led custom panel
glove box bulb - £2.50 - 2 led

total is £49.00

i will do this kit for £39 posted to UK or NI.

the 4 led bulb for the main dome light is perfect, if you need to go brighter then i can do a 6 led bulb for an extra £1.

Thanks

How much for the pre facelift interiors?

Having just ordered a kit off you Trups I'll happily post some pictures and feedback in the next few days.

Andy

This looks like a good kit!

Do you know where to get sidelights from? The standard ones are quite dim by todays standards and I think LED ones will make the car look a little more modern with them on when it's gloomy or raining.

A few members have got these off me, any one want to share more pictures of give feedback?

Thanks
Mine were spot on cheers mate, also as you know I went with the 6 on the main lights and there just right IMHO but I prob would have gone for 8 if you were doing them lol, im happy with them so thanks again.

There are brilliant! Look smart as anything! Really impressed with the lights! Thanks trups!

This looks like a good kit!

Do you know where to get sidelights from? The standard ones are quite dim by todays standards and I think LED ones will make the car look a little more modern with them on when it's gloomy or raining.

The bulbs from this kit for the map lights will work in the sidelights for the S3.

They are an extra £5 if you want to add them to the kit.

Reactions: Joeyburton17
The bulbs from this kit for the map lights will work in the sidelights for the S3.

They are an extra £5 if you want to add them to the kit.

Hi Trups,

What would the price be for just the sidelights delivered please? I will probably do the full kit at some point but would just like the sidelights for now please. I will send you a paypal.

Tim