AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

Cheap Ross-tech vcds / vag-com cable and software available

I have found a guy selling a Ross tech vcds cable with vcds 11.11 software for £55 if anyone is interested?

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    is it legit , sorry for asking as its quite quite cheap normal price is 250 $ australian

5th Gear

Status
    I was sceptical too
    I ordered one and have received it next day.
    It is fully working and activated and let me update to revision 11.11.13 no problem.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2nd Gear

Status
    Thats very cheap.

There have been very good copies of the ross-tech cable going about and they work well. The best way to check would be to get the serial number and have ross-tech check it.

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    ah great, tempting however can it be shipping to Australia , New South Whales by any chance or not really ?

Neutral

Status
    Are these the ones off eBay? I want one but can't afford the £250 Ross tech price tag!

3rd Gear

Status
    I would be interested in one of these.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    I would be interested in one of these.
    I'm also interested...

5th Gear

Status
    forward the link to said item.
    Audi A3 8L 1.8T breaking.
    front bumper, impact bar, slam panel, full engine and loom sold.
    everything else for sale.

5th Gear

Status

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    its not a genuine lead. as it states at the bottom only use the software on the disc. won't work with newer software releasesis

it is as good as the real leads ?
    does it allow you to change codes within the different modules ?

same as this item on ebay
    Vag Com, Vcds , 1990 2011, Hex Can USB CABLE FULL ACTIVATED | eBay

Audi A3 8L 1.8T breaking.
    front bumper, impact bar, slam panel, full engine and loom sold.
    everything else for sale.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    FAKE

5th Gear

Status
    ***** I didn't see that bit. Found on the mobile app and it doesn't show that last bit!

Damn it.

2001 S3 (AMK)

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    There seems to be a few peeps doing this kind of lead... The genuine lead acts as a dongle so thats the actual licence for the software... the software will only fully work with a lead because of it... the leads I have seen are being sold so they work with the full software... this would essentially make the lead that is sold to you will allow you to run full VCDS unlicensed and therefore is a form of piracy...

I cannot see Ross-Tech sanctioning this lead or any like it as at the price they are selling it at would devalue the product and I can't see them allowing this to happen..

The fact that it says it won't work with future releases means they know its on borrowed time and the dongles security will be rewritten for future versions of VCDS releases...

If you are after a pirate copy of VCDS I would imagine there are far cheaper ways to do it... I wouldn't be lining these cowboys pockets tbh....

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you can get the fakes for around £15 so at £55 you have been had
    the lead wont last to long aswell
    Ross-Tech are prob on to them anyway and will stop it as they have done many times b4

5th Gear

Status
    If I had seen that bit I wouldn't of touched it. Gutted now.
    It looks and works like a genuine one too.

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    Filed a PayPal complaint for this.
    Definitely one to avoid, wish I had known that there were fakes about that worked with full software before I wasted my cash.

2001 S3 (AMK)

got an S3 8L: living the dream

Status
    WARNING on this type of lead - i bought one last year knowing it wasnt going to be genuine.....I didnt try to update it as instructed.

It served a purpose and worked well for approx 2 months then i could not get it to work no matter what i did. Even got friends to try it (who have genuine cables themselves). Not sure if it was just dodgy quality hardware or something purposely programmed to stop working.

either way i now have a £55 cable that no longer works.....................i am sure people will testify that if you want reliability and a good product then you have to go genuine......shame it's expensive but its the only way to go.

Bottom line is it may seem good in the short term but it doesn't last.
    2002 S3 8L AMK

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i dont agree about it been expensive
    you get all the updates free etc etc etc
    if you get the em light on a few times or need to code something its paid for its self
    iv had and got so many audis and therea always a light comeing on or codeing to be done
    if i used the dealers auto sparkie etc i would have spent £1000's

Status
    We read about these cheap cables on here most days, imho its better to buy the genuine vcds cable which is fully supported by Ross tech. Yes, they may be more expensive, but then, your paying for the best, the knowledge and the support you get. User NHN has a group buy running atm so there will be a saving there.

3rd Gear

Status
    Can say £230 on the group buy is good value with a lead that will cover most vag cars old - new..

got an S3 8L: living the dream

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    i dont agree about it been expensive
    you get all the updates free etc etc etc
    if you get the em light on a few times or need to code something its paid for its self
    iv had and got so many audis and therea always a light comeing on or codeing to be done
    if i used the dealers auto sparkie etc i would have spent £1000's

Sorry please don't misunderstand me......i do believe it is very good value. Can save a lot more in diagnosis/labour costs.

It's only "expensive" if finances are not readily available for it..............it's something that i would definitely pay for if the money wasn't being used elsewhere.

So i do agree......for what it is is not expensive; very good value...........just more than current finances can afford.

At the same time though, i have learnt my lesson that genuine is the only way to go....won't e taking the 3rd party/cloned route again!
    2002 S3 8L AMK

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah I agree with all of the above comments. I thought that this was a 2nd hand cable and believed it to be genuine until I received it and you guys set me straight.
    If I new it was a fake I would never have bought it.

2001 S3 (AMK)