Noise after ignition turned off

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
When I first got my S3 I remember there used to be a humming/buzzing noise for a few minutes after I turned the ignition off and then it would cut out.

Ive just noticed that it doesnt do this anymore. I don't know how long it's been like that.

Anyone know what that noise was?

(was coming from the engine bay)

Don't mean to Hi-jack but I have noticed a noise after ignition turn off on my S3 recently and I have to re-start and turn off to get it to stop.

Here's a vid of the noise:

Do we reckon this is the after run pump too?

Do these cars have the fans that run after ignition turn off if engine is hot as I have never heard mine running a fan after ignition is turned off?

(Will post up a new thread if people think it's needed).

Thanks

Jonny/Poke13

When you turn it off, sounds like its on it's way out to or the conetcion is dirty, next time you turn it off give the moter a tap or wigel the plug and see if it changes pitch

Last edited:
Was trying to remember when the last time I heard the pump working and I'm pretty sure it was when my aircon was still working.
Is the air con linked with it at all? The button works but just no cold air comes out.

Had a look at the pump earlier and it looks in good condition all around and no signs or corrosion or anything

Have you checked the green fuse on top of the battery? I think it's the left hand one of the 3 ( possibly 2) if thats blown the overrun pump stops.

Have you checked the green fuse on top of the battery? I think it's the left hand one of the 3 ( possibly 2) if thats blown the overrun pump stops.

Ah just looked at all 3 the one on the left looks like it may have blown! Fingers crossed that's it! Thanks man!

After replacing the fuse that had quite a bit of black/grey build up on it i drove over to my local skatepark........turned the ignition off and then could hear the pump working!! Bonus!......Drove home later on and it worked again! think it just had a dodgy connection. Will get a new fuse anyway and clean out the connection on the battery bit

How long is the after run supposed to stay on for?
Mine sometimes on on for 10+ minutes, and thats only from a 4mile drive